Thread: 2014 sierra 5.3l

Tuner in Training

2014 sierra 5.3l

Wondering if anybody can give me some pointers to tune this thing. I do lots of Cummins light medium and heavy duty tuning/programming but am fairly green to the gas world especially when it comes to the E92's. I've tried some things but cant seem to get it. Stock file below and log. Log was recorded with roughly 1000lbs on the truck (toolbox...) any opinions are much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

well....what are you trying to accomplish?

Tuner in Training
    Good question lol. Kinda want one for mileage for highway driving and then one for while towing 5th wheel camper. Maybe one for showoff/performance. Don't know much about tuning A6's so looking for a tranny solution to maximize trans life. I'll obviously have to learn to adjust and make those as I go but currently most important is some throttle response/power increase along with good shifts.

There is no need in my eyes to ever have separate tunes, unless totally different fuels or weird power adders like NOS are involved.

You can make one calibration have anything if you understand what is required. Being a stock or "fairly" stock vehicle don't expect world changing gains.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Most definitely will be doing mods in the future(another 5000km till warranty is done). Intake, exhaust, maybe cam and heck maybe a Whipple someday. But in the mean time I want the most out of the truck. A safe "tow" tune I suppose. So you would suggest just one "tow" tune would get me the pulling power and mileage desired?