Thread: Max VE Flow Table -Torque Based 3.6 LEO/LY7

Potential Tuner

Max VE Flow Table -Torque Based 3.6 LEO/LY7

Hi just wondering if anyone would know what is beneficial to altering this table on a stock internal 175 kw alloytec engine with bolt ons , ported upper and lower manifold and 3.73 diff gears ? I have been trying to find information on this for the past week but have had zero luck.I have my tune pretty much where i am comfortable with but am i leaving any power on the table by not altering this? The description of this table is "used to calculate the maximum allowed torque at open throttle". From my understanding of this for example at 4000rpm only 87.61% is the maximum allowed torque at open throttle. Does this mean if i increase these values to 100% that i will be able to achieve more torque therefore more horsepower across the rpm band?

Cheers Chris

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys following up on this post - i should have written more clearly that i understand how this is a volumetric efficiency maximum table but would i harp it negatively by increasing it by a small percentage say after 2000 rpm? If there has been gains on the dyno of around 20rwkw with exhaust and intake in my understanding this means i have made the engine more efficent. Now 20 /115 is just over 10% more power so would i be safe to say to increase VE by 5-10 % based on where it has been gained on the dyno graph?? I know it may be a dumb question but i always like to ask before making an uncertain change. If any Admins would like to chime in it would be very appreciable - Thanks Chris