Thread: 2016 f150 3.5 eco

Tuner in Training

2016 f150 3.5 eco

Morning everyone
    Just picked up a 2016 Ecoboost f150 and looking for some direction. I bought it for towing mostly , so Im wondering if someone can share a calibration with really good transmission tuning. I run 87 oct 90 % of the time and will only use 91 for towing. So im going to pick away at the engine stuff at a later date as its not really my main goal.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    2015 EcoBoost SHO
    Catless DP , 3 BAR , Intake , 3'' Exhaust

Advanced Tuner
    What are you wanting to change for the trans?

Tuner
    You can setup your own pretty easily if you’re just looking for the torque converter and shift points from the tow/haul mode. Just look at the shift oss table vs pedal position and the tcc vs pedal position tables for base and tow (can look at sport too if you want). Those will give you a good idea how to adjust tcc behavior and transmission up shift and downshift behavior.

If you want to change actual shift speed or firmness lookup a couple posts murfie has made on tuning 6r80 transmissions. He has made several very good posts on what to change to get the transmission doing what you want. Unfortunately a lot of transmission tuning is very subjective so it’s hard to have a ‘canned’ transmission tune (especially for towing) that will work well for everyone.

Tuner in Training
    Excellent. Thanks for the response !
    2015 EcoBoost SHO
    Catless DP , 3 BAR , Intake , 3'' Exhaust