Thread: FPCM in 2015 silverado?

FPCM in 2015 silverado?

Well i been searching around with no luck on the fuel system on this new trucks.

I'm trying to upgrade my fuel system, I'm going turbo on my 5.3 and I've seen some doing 2 in tank fuel pumps.
    I have this in my 2010 Silverado and i delete the FPCM run -8 an hose with a magnafuel regulator with a -8 an hose for return. So i would like to know if i can do this in my 2015? Return style with fuel regulator and would it mess something?

You have 2 separate fuel system to worry about on these newer platforms. There is a low side and high side pressure systems. I'm pretty sure you can delete the FPCM as the GM kits sold right now do not have them and say to maintain 70psi for the low side. The high side is another story. Depending on boost levels, I would suggest the LT4 high side pump and injectors. Ultimately the high side is what you are relying on for fuel delivery to the cylinders. But, just because the high side drops out doesn't necessarily mean you need a new high side system. The low side needs to keep the high side happy with enough fuel. So if you can keep the high side system with enough fuel and then you find your high side system is not performing, then it definitely needs upgraded. Basically that's it in summary, as well as keep injection timing to 6ms or so. Searching on here will net you a lot more info, such as supplemental port injection and a lot of people running meth. Hope that answers your question.

The trend will be shifting from relying on meth for fueling, to using a proper port injection system to deliver the volume of fuel needed for moderate power and boost. You can keep your factory high side hardware with my PI kits, add a low side upgrade, and the PI will supply all the fuel you'll need.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Ok so what does the high and low fuel pressure do?

How much boost power the stock fuel pump holds? I'm asking because after i went 2 walbros on my 2010 my FPCM would lower my fuel pressure so i delete it and work perfect, but had to run a fuel pressure regulator so i run a return system.

I just don't want to delete it on the 15 and have problems, I'm trying to understand the fuel system on this new trucks/cars.

Searching around here like Kyle say on what i want the LT4 high side pump, LT4 injectors and meth will do on what i want.
    But would like to upgrade the fuel pump, and the FPCM its holding me.

Tuner in Training
    Hey Fast,
    Did you ever figure this out? I have done the same in adding a turbo, LT4 high side but now need to upgrade me low side. IF you know and are willing to share the best mthode for dealing with this that would be great.
    Thanks
    2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
    72mm turbo 10psi
    forged pistions and crank
    Need more fuel