Thread: 2005 3-4 Upshift tables

Tuner in Training

Question 2005 3-4 Upshift tables

Hey Guys,

I'm a Smarty User and I'm looking for some feedback from you HP guys. I cross post between here and over there helping you guys out when I can since the platforms are similar. For whatever reason, the MY05 trucks don't seem to want to follow the 3-4 upshift maps above 20% throttle and I'm wondering if you guys are running into this as well?

https://smartyresource.com/forums/to...ission-issues/

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WreckItRalph View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm a Smarty User and I'm looking for some feedback from you HP guys. I cross post between here and over there helping you guys out when I can since the platforms are similar. For whatever reason, the MY05 trucks don't seem to want to follow the 3-4 upshift maps above 20% throttle and I'm wondering if you guys are running into this as well?

https://smartyresource.com/forums/to...ission-issues/
    I feel pretty confident in saying that I've altered these maps and have had positive results regardless of throttle position, but I can't go out and verify this currently as my truck is currently down for transmission work (completely unrelated to the tuning). Once I get her back together, I'll get some logs and post my modifications to the maps to see if everything is copacetic. Should have her up and running next weekend.

Tuner in Training
    That would be awesome, thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I have an 05 and had no issues so far changing the 3-4 upshift tables.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.

Tuner in Training
    I attached two log files. One was a UDC Pro tune, and the other was a HPT tune. Same truck. Same day. The transmission tuning is the same in both tunes, though there are some slight differences in the engine tune.

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    This is the 3-4 shift table that was used:
    3to4.PNG

The UDC Pro data log did the 3-4 shift at: 2282 TOS rpm
    The HP Tuner data log did the 3-4 shift at: 2247 TOS rpm

The shifting is practically the same between the two tools.

Paul

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately I won't be able to confirm my experience. I found some not-so-happy news when I opened up the trans, so I have my work cut out for me. Looks like Paulb has you covered, though.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Paul,

I just took a look at your logs. I'd be curious to see if you moved the 3-4 shift point to about 65mph at +-35% throttle if your truck would follow it or if it would continue to shift around 55MPH as it did in your logs? I'll try to run a UDC log today of my tune and post it.

Tuner in Training
    Would someone with an 05 be willing to set their 3-4 upshift table to upshift at 60mph and try it between 25-45% throttle and post back?