Thread: LQ9 Tuning

Potential Tuner

LQ9 Tuning

Hello everybody. My name is Thomas. I am from Melbourne Fl. First post for me here on Hp Tuners Forum. I have an 07 Silverado Classic that came with a 4.8L. I dropped in a LQ9. Specs are below. I am new to Hp Tuners. I have swapped VE, MAF, and Timing tables with a 6.0L file I had. So far, I added timing. Modified PE, and worked on Torque Management, shift points, limiters... Just wanted to share and get some input on what you guys think. I have not put my wide band on the truck yet or tuned LTFTs. Truck runs good and I have no KR. But I feel that it should pull harder than it does. I cooks the tires down the street in first and second, but when I make a pass. First gear feels great, second gear feels slow... I will log and post that tonight.

LQ9
    TSP 212/218 .550
    Milled 243 Heads
    Shorty Headers
    18" MagnaFlow
    CAI Tube w/stock Air Box

Bone555+6VEFCpe+2ZERO(02)6kRPMabuse.hptBone555+6VEFCpe+2ZERO(02)6kRPMabuse.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    set pe enable to 0 and torque hyst also to 0.
    raise pe enable map to 80 kpa
    set pe tps to 75%
    set your engine over temp enrichment to match your pe eq ratio (gas) while tuning then change it to something richer once you get done tuning.

Disable Cat Over Temp Protection or the extra fuel will cause tuning issues.
    disable DEFCO when tuning for fuel or it may cause lean reads on the scanner to interfere with afr error results.

Max Trq vs. RPM in Torque management should be adjusted.
    Raise Drivetrain abuse to 8000 rpm and set speed to 0 mph

right now your currently set to run the ve table until about 4000 rpm then it switches to maf mode. if you want to be on just the ve table then switch the Maf Frequency Fail High to 0 in the Engine Diag. section. While your in there codes P0101 to P0103 change those to Mil on First Error and then un-check the SES box for those so the light doesnt bother you. Back in Engine tab nav to Airflow/ Dynamic tabs. In there is a High RPM Disable Value, raise that to 12800 rpm. The next time you turn on it should fail the maf sensor so you will have maf codes but this is a requirement to make the computer stop reading the maf sensor. Don't just unplug it to fail it because it has a IAT sensor built in that sends critical data back to the ecu for fuel corrections.

From looking at values alone you starting off pretty well. Cant speak for actual engine performance since there isnt an .hpl scanner log attached with wideband channel added.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the help. I will make those adjustments. I will follow up with a scanner file soon.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zetisnoada View Post
    I'm grateful to have come across this article. It has broadened my understanding of the topic and left me wanting to delve deeper into the subject matter.
    Clickbait. Ban.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Clickbait. Ban.
    They gone.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion