Thread: CLSD Tuning WOT, Few issues. Log Attached

Tuner in Training

CLSD Tuning WOT, Few issues. Log Attached

Trying to finish up my build and get everything cleaned up to the point of being able to take it for a dyno tune.

Started out open loop and couldn't get too much consistency due to wildly changing ambient temps in Houston for the past couple months. Got my flex fuel set up and went to closed loop, car drives around town amazingly. Still have a bit of work to do with WOT, but its getting close.

What I am running into now is some lean tip in and rich tip out coming in/out of boost. Also, I think I have narrowed down some machine gun popping around 8lbs as spark blowout, will try some tighter plugs to combat that. Logs show random spots of .4-.5 KR as well, which may be attributed to that blowout in some cases, or in others at part throttle, I think my downpipe is smacking my radiator bracket. This is based on the fact that this has occured on both 93 octane as well as this e85 (blended to e70 as of right now).

Anyone care to look at this log and lend some advice about these issues?

Also, how far off can a not spot on tune throw the cyl/mass calc off? Just wondering how accurate that reading is without a near perfect tune. On high boost im hitting near 2.08g as the logs show. Was just wondering how closely that can be calculated to what numbers ill see on the dyno.

Mods are the usual:
    6.0 LY6
    Stock bottom end
    243 top end with LS9 gaskets and studs
    Holley Hi Ram
    88mm Turbo
    ID1050x
    eboost2 controller

18-01-29 08-49-58.hpl

Not a whole lot of help but, transient fueling tables plays a big role with tip in/out fueling. I got pissed trying to figure it out so I temporarily disabled it while I learn how to tune it. Not the "right" way to do it but my afr error stays consistent now

Tuner in Training
    Well, figured out the machine gun popping I was getting. Was pulling plugs to check gap and came to #8 wire, which was barely hanging onto the plug. The exhaust manifold gasket had a weird lip that was preventing the boot from fully seating and it had worked itself out enough to make an alright contact during normal driving, but I guess go haywire when into boost. Fixed that issue and got the wire on the plug nice and secure. Completely changed this car. Flies through boost now, can't keep the tires from spinning on 70mph 4th gear pulls. 15lbs is useless, back down to 8lbs for now.

Transients still suck.

I agree transients suck, change transient tables then you have to adjust the ve again, then transients and back and forth till they work together. Disabled mine and haven't messed with it yet, as id like to put it on the dyno to make quick safe work of it.