Thread: power % request mode

Tuner in Training

power % request mode

in airflow electronic throttle, does anyone know what the 7 different power % request mode tables do? how are these various tables selected by the pcm?
    what does mode 1-7 correspond to? i.e mode 1 normal driving mode, mode 2 sport mode etc....
    and how are these used or even better is there anything to gain by tuning these tables?

Quote Originally Posted by WILYUMZ1 View Post
    in airflow electronic throttle, does anyone know what the 7 different power % request mode tables do? how are these various tables selected by the pcm?
    what does mode 1-7 correspond to? i.e mode 1 normal driving mode, mode 2 sport mode etc....
    and how are these used or even better is there anything to gain by tuning these tables?
    If you grab the latest Beta, you will find the selector is now available.

Basically there's a pedal mode received over CAN, and a table for both 4x4L/4x4H (normal vehicles will just use the 4x4H table) that states which of the "mode" maps is actually used for given drive modes or not.
    I have not figured out all the different modes as my personal car despite selection Normal/Sport/Track/Eco, they all mapped in the same internal mode for pedal mapping, only the horsepower modes and such changed.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Advanced Tuner
    I downloaded the newest beta, but haven't done any testing yet, i had the same question a couple of weeks ago, so it'll be good to see at least what mode is being used.
    I did play with those driving request tables last week, making them all the same, as for example a hellcat has those tables, and i noticed inmediatliy that normal or Sport had no thottle difference at all, it was like having a unique pedal feeling across the board, in normal, throttle reposnse is slower compared to the Sport for example in the scatpack calibration, i can be going say 40mph in in 6th gear in normal mode, press the Sport button, and without me touching the pdeal, i can feel the car accelrating more and being more peppier to throttle response, in my case i think Sport mode is Mode #2 as it's the only table that have more aggressive values compared to the other 6 ones.

I'm back to stock values in those tables, but i'll try to play with the one in use for Sport mode. i'll report back whether or not i'm able to see the mode in the newest beta 3.7.1196

Advanced Tuner
    Steven, I thought somehow i was going to find a PID in the scanner that will indicate the mode, but looking at the tables, i see what you meant now
    "Basically there's a pedal mode received over CAN, and a table for both 4x4L/4x4H (normal vehicles will just use the 4x4H table) that states which of the "mode" maps is actually used for given drive modes or not.
    I have not figured out all the different modes as my personal car despite selection Normal/Sport/Track/Eco, they all mapped in the same internal mode for pedal mapping, only the horsepower modes and such changed."

as i was expecting, Sport for my car is Mode # 2, thanks again for this clarification
    torque_mode by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Steven, I thought somehow i was going to find a PID in the scanner that will indicate the mode, but looking at the tables, i see what you meant now
    "Basically there's a pedal mode received over CAN, and a table for both 4x4L/4x4H (normal vehicles will just use the 4x4H table) that states which of the "mode" maps is actually used for given drive modes or not.
    I have not figured out all the different modes as my personal car despite selection Normal/Sport/Track/Eco, they all mapped in the same internal mode for pedal mapping, only the horsepower modes and such changed."

as i was expecting, Sport for my car is Mode # 2, thanks again for this clarification
    torque_mode by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr
    Yeah Normal and Sport was all I could figure out, as well its for "pedal" mode. Like you said, the Hellcat will always have Normal Pedal mode. Even Eco didn't change it when I tested.
    Im sure the trucks with various modes and so on will have more, unfortunately I dont have anyway as of yet to figure out all the different modes.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah Normal and Sport was all I could figure out, as well its for "pedal" mode. Like you said, the Hellcat will always have Normal Pedal mode. Even Eco didn't change it when I tested.
    Im sure the trucks with various modes and so on will have more, unfortunately I dont have anyway as of yet to figure out all the different modes.
    Well it's 2020 and I have been playing with mode 2 on my 2015 R/T. Would be nice if we could figure out how to set these. I have a cam and tune and would like a dialed back "Valet Mode" if you will. My 5.7L put 434 HP to the wheels on a Mustang Dyno. I would hate to have to load a special Tune to max out at like 35% throttle when the wife has to use the car. (she has a GT V6 AWD and uses my car from time to time). I don't want her driving a car she is nervous about. I also do not want to use Alfa OBD to see if it opens up other modes under SRT.

Anymore updates on this?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

GEE Thanks

So I found a video on this on YouTube and set my Sport Mode to use table 3 (I am guessing 3 is track mode in an SRT). I am not a serious tuner as I am not messing with my transmission tune or fueling or spark. My car was tuned by one of the best MOPAR speaking tuners in my area. I am just trying to get a little more "feel" out of the throttle in "Sport Mode". The standard mode shift scheduling was awesome so I moved them to Sport Mode (Shift Table 7) and put normal mode shift points (table 5 back to stock). Was cruising around on back roads at 45 mph in 4th gear with the old tables, now it is in 6th gear.

Okay back to the Power % Vs Pedal Commanded.

Here is the video I found.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nrxr7...b5o9oo7ww&dl=0

Curious if I understood him correctly when he talked about the tables being an "inverse" of each other so I did this:

Pedal % vs Expected Test.JPG

Also as a note, I don't really want to set my Torque Values to 200%, like I said I do not want to change too much as I am cammed and running 10 lbs of boost and have a stall converter (3k rpm approx). My original tuner is too busy for me to pester him with stuff like this (just for pedal feel)
    Last edited by dodgeboy; 07-27-2023 at 06:27 AM.

FWIW I changed my Power Request Mode (35106) To:
    Normal 1
    Sport 3

Incase I don't like it 2 is always there as factory to go back to.

Advanced Tuner
    i saw your tune before

look at 44389 and 5999

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    i saw your tune before

look at 44389 and 5999
    okay?

5999.JPG
    44389.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    i would be asking the guru's why dude made yer error feedback all 1.0 : )

BTW got the tables done...

I have doubts about loading this as stock tables are not inverse and do not need to be.

w5XQUJmw.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    they are not perfect inverse stock and do not need to be

i am not even sure they need to be close