Thread: Bosch 210 injectors

Bosch 210 injectors

Has anyone have good results with using injector data from INjector dynamics or FIC for Bosch 210lb fuel injectors? I got a line some for a good price but can only find data from FIC and ID; however, INjector dynamics doesn?t list what ecm. If you have the data for e78 ecm I would appreciate it.

Senior Tuner
    i have some data for the bosch 210lb injectors, they are massive tho i had them for a bit and then had issues with my ecu not liking them and went back to 1000cc with higher pressure

That’s what I am sort of thinking will happen with my truck as well. I may have to stick with 80-85 lb for plain sanity reasons as I don’t think I will NEVER max out 210. I just have a friends that would give me a good deal on them.

Senior Tuner
    they are big... i was using them on E85 over 700rhp and IDC was bout 40-45%

Tuner in Training
    My setup before: (last year)
    1. 5.3 in a 96 Z28
    2. 127# Bosch @ 58psi , boost referenced FPR
    3. Twin T3 GT35's, .80 A/R
    4. Isky Triple 12 Cam.
    5. TH350 transmission, PTC converter.
    6. E85

Fun setup in my daily driver. I was able to drive to/from the track. Off the highway and onto the track, ran 10.3 letting off a little early.

This year,
    1. 5.3 in a 96 Z28
    2. 210# Bosch @ 58psi , boost referenced FPR
    3. Single VSRacing S480 clone with 80mm compressor, 102/92 Turbine (divided housing), 1.32 A/R
    4. Summit Stage 2 Turbo Cam
    5. TH350 transmission, PTC converter.
    6. E85

Bought the Bosch 210# last year but didn't get a chance to install them till this past week. When I bought them , I was told to use the ID2000 injector data sheet. I loaded them into my existing tune and fired her up. To my surprise, it fired off right away and settled into a nice idle. After letting it idle for 5 minutes, the gas AFR drifted down a bit to 13.7 (lambda .93). I used the realtime tuning feature to trim the idle back towards 14.* gas AFR, 1.0 lambda. I shut her off and uploaded the revised tune. But when I went to restart, she would crank with an occasional 'hit' (single cylinder fire) but would not catch and start. Studied the tune but nothing seemed to be off. I found out that if the engine was cool or had cooled down for 30'ish minutes, she'd fire right up. I went back to the 'fuel/transient/min fuel milligrams' and set that from .020 to .002. The engine was cooler by that point and she fired right up. Let her idle for 5 minutes. Shut her off, waited 10 seconds, said a prayer and then turned the key. She fired up and idled. I tried the off, wait, start pattern again and she started up. I'll get some seat time today. It was raining yesterday so I didn't get to check any drivability aspects. So far, so good. Idle pulsewidths with the prior setup was 2.4 at 750 rpm hot idle. Yesterday was 1.4 with the 210s at that rpm hot idle. Duty cycle on the 210's at that idle was .88 of 1%.