Thread: no crank

Tuner in Training

no crank

my son and I are building his first car. 1969 firebird mild resto mod. 2004 5.3 with its harness underhood fuse block and 4l60. read it last night removed vats rear o2s and that's about it. trying to use electric fans from a 1997 Camaro. any way long story short tried to turn it over today and nothing. starter relay not engaging. tested its 4 legs and only power on one that ends when switch is turned to start. any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. could you guys look over the rest also to make sure I didn't create any more issues?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    took off a few more things no change

Doesn't sound tune related if you ask me.

You can even try settings the PRNDL to none because this is not in a truck anymore.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Neutral safety switch?
    I'm not sure on the 2004 PCMs, but the LS1 PCMs (0411 red blue) had 2 pins for NSS depending on the setup, one was Blue C34 from memory, I don't have a pin diagram with me.
    If you have checked the relay and have 12v const and no signal from the trigger wire, that might be it.

Is the fuel pump priming?
    If that's priming then its not VATs related I don't think.
    It can only be ignition wired up wrong, relay not wired in correctly, or the NSS.

Tuner in Training
    fuel pump did cycle no fuel in tank so I pulled its realy for tonight. deleted the prndl also no change... chasing wiring in the morning

Tuner in Training
    last one tonight

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak636 View Post
    fuel pump did cycle no fuel in tank so I pulled its realy for tonight. deleted the prndl also no change... chasing wiring in the morning
    Even if you deleted in the tune I'm pretty sure you still need to physically ground the NSS wire.
    Even cars without the PRNDL switch still need that done, so with some luck that might be your problem.
    You can hunt down the wire with a multimeter and connect it to your shifter, or be lazy like me and ground it from the PCM and just make sure you always start the car in Park