Thread: How to. Innovate MTX-L Plus wide band. Jumpy vcm scanner reading.

Potential Tuner

How to. Innovate MTX-L Plus wide band. Jumpy vcm scanner reading.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. The wide band gauge reads steady, while my reading in the vcm scanner is jumping so fast I can't read it. Please help.

Advanced Tuner
    The gauge always read steady while the VCM scanner reads at a higher rate. I have an MTX-L also. I wouldnt worry about it.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    The gauge always read steady while the VCM scanner reads at a higher rate. I have an MTX-L also. I wouldnt worry about it.
    Does your fluctuate from 13.xx to looks like 16.xx ? I don't feel comfortable tuning with it doing that..

Potential Tuner

You can slow down the sample rate by changing the Polling Rate. Click on the WB channel in the Channel tables and select Polling Interval. Will be set to the fastest (0 ms)...try 100 ms (10 samples per second) should calm it down a bit.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 02-02-2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo's
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BrumleysAutomotive View Post
    Does your fluctuate from 13.xx to looks like 16.xx ? I don't feel comfortable tuning with it doing that..
    ever figure out how to fix it? and the polling rate is not changeable

Tuner in Training JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Im curious as well. I have an MTX as well. I also noticed that they upgraded the wb sensors since i got mine. Had to reorder mine recently becuase a new onei ordered was not the right one. Apperently i have a 4.2, and the newer ones use 4.9.
    My wb is reading way leaner than what is commanded in my logging, i think its my tune, but cant help but think if its cause i need to calibrate it for some reason.
    and you point is?