Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 TVS Commanded Fueling Issue

2014 TVS Commanded Fueling Issue

Having an issue with OP commanded fueling on a 2014 TVS M6 car. 79mm pulley, Twin 60, JMS BAP, DW78s.

You'll see that I'm logging load to sort out my IPC Errors, and fueling is off, but it should still be meeting commanded OP fueling. I will attach the tune and the log from today. Anything that you see, I'm all ears. This is my first copperhead I'm playing with, so there's a bit of a learning curve here.

Car has been fighting me the whole way. At first, there was something corrupted in the spark files that caused the car to be dead anytime something in the spark was changed. Had to be taken to the dealer and flashed with IDS before I could do anything with it.

02.04.18 Tim Log 1.hpl

Tim Newest File-WITH SPARK.hpt

Your fuel is like 25% off plus you have a TON of IPC errors.

Correct. Used the roush torque tables as a starting point. At part throttle they're pretty terrible. Especially in the transition to boost areas. I'm dialing those in by logging load. Fueling is all over the place. That seems to be inferred pressure. Right now it is scaled for 10psi. MAF Data is PMAS data, and this same injector data was perfect on another vehicle. However, at WOT trims are 10-17% and there are no torque errors or limiters. There's enough injector and fuel pump head room for the car to correct that and meet commanded lambda at WOT. But it is not. I'm lucky to hit mid .8x's but it hovers in the .9x lambda range. It is also very slow to get there. Enrichment rate is currently .500 in the tune, that should be plenty.

Enrichment rate in the tune you posted is set to 1. This is way to high. It has to be raised a bit for FI - thy something like times 2-3 form stock value.

I think your problem is in SD as your MAF curve would suggest - raise your max MAP in SD tables for a starter. Also a max MAP for combustion stability.
    Last edited by veeefour; 02-04-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Long tubes or stock exhaust?

I turned off Cylair Anticipation, but reading the descriptions, it seems that when that it is off, it doesn't only use the MAF as I thought it did. Enrichment rate was at .5 for the log I posted. I tried 1 to see if there was a change. Other than that, the tune is the same as in the log. I will play with the SD max values a bit and test when the roads dry.

Longtubes, but they are JBAs with the o2 bungs put into only ONE primary tube higher up near the stock location. It's pretty horrible, and not ideal. I pretty much only know what one cylinder is doing at this point. Bungs need moved to the collector.

So you need to address the Transport Delay as well - it may be your culprit for bad fueling.

I've already tried transport delay adjustment. It didn't do anything. They're inches from the stock location. I've only ever had transport delay on longtubes change the trims a few % points on NA cars. On PD cars with higher primary velocity, it's less of an issue.

But it does a lot. But as you wish.

Senior Tuner
    Where did you get this injector data from? Its not what DW has for information on their site.

DW 78.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 02-05-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Looks like data for ID 1000s and not DW78s.

You guys are correct. I can't believe I made that mistake. I will retest and post results.

The other issue I am having that I forgot to post, was that the IAT sensors is reading approximately 120* too high. It's a VMP external IAT harness with the sensor in the manifold. On the previous car it worked fine, and when the factory tune is in this car, it is reading correctly. As soon as I flash any tune to it, it suddenly reads too high. It goes to 240* within a short time of driving before faulting out and throwing a code. I have verified the wiring is not damaged and all is plugged in correctly.

Alllllright, now with the injector data fixed, the car is finally doing something at WOT. The issue now is that the cams are failing to 0 with FMEM and will not advance or retard. Leaving the car in mapped point 0 all the time. Only thing changed was SD turned back off and fuel injector data was fixed. Played with some transport delay also.

tim 02.hpl

Tim Newest File-WITH SPARK.hpt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your injector tables still don't look right to me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I triple checked it with their data. On their spreadsheet you have to click 2011+ data.

Their data has a misprint in the offset vs voltage table at the 10v field, its obviously off by a factor of 10.

FMEM is a failure mode...any DTCs pending?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev1360 View Post
    I triple checked it with their data. On their spreadsheet you have to click 2011+ data.
    Maybe I'm totally missing something but here is what I see, which none of it jives with what you've entered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Maybe I'm totally missing something but here is what I see, which none of it jives with what you've entered.

I'm using DW78s.

They also have a misprint on one of the pressure tables. Yea, no pending codes, and before that flash, no issues with the cams. The car was correctly varying mapped points, and the cams were phasing as they should.
    Last edited by Dev1360; 02-05-2018 at 08:24 PM.