Thread: Pre purchase question

Potential Tuner

Pre purchase question

I have a few questions before I take the plunge.

I?m doing a couple swaps

I?m doing a 5.3 swap on a 98 s10 blazer
    The 5.3 is from a 2001 Yukon xl. I would like to start out keeping the stock tune and just change the vats gears and tire size.. here is where I get confused... I would also like to put my blazer vin back into the Yukon ECM so it can still talk to the bcm. Is this possible and if so how many credits

Do I have to license the blazer, then license Yukon Ecu then pay to change the vin?

Also I will be swapping the old blazer 4.3 into my sons 2.2 97 s10. It this 2 more credits or 4 more?

Btw I would be getting the pro model.

Any help you could give me is much appreciated

The PCM vin won't have anything to do with the BCM on a vehicle that old. They do not talk to either other through a CAN-BUS system like on the newer models so you don't have to change the VIN in the computer at all.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    That would be one less headache didn’t want to deal with the bcm.

We do have emissions here and I would still like to have the vin match the vehicle.
    Is that still possible. Can it force a vin change for that?

Senior Tuner
    No HPT will not let you put a 98 S10 VIN in a 01 Yukon PCM/OS. Other products out there will but not HPT. It is considered a VIN/OS Mismatch. If you use another product to change the VIN, HPT will allow you to license it. With HPT you can not create a VIN/OS mismatch but you can license one.