Thread: Attention Tuners

Tuner in Training

Attention Tuners

To all Tuners/calibrators. Where and how did you learn to tune.

Tuner
    Read everything on here and soak it up if you do not want to pay to learn at places like thetuningschool.com.

Reading and using it myself.

I watched videos on stuff back in like 2010-2011 about different software like HP Tuners and Mega Squirt just to see what it was all about. Mega Squirt looked kinda intense with all the features at the time but overall the basics I all understood from going to school. Starting off with the GM 3800 platform with HP Tuners made learning it rather simple because the 3800's computer is about at stupid as they come in terms of features and how it all works. So it didn't take much time to wrap my head around that and move forward with the GM LSx style V8's that I play with now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    reading everything I could, asking the right questions to the right people , lots of self testing, etc. I'm currently in Odessa taking the tuning schools ford course for reference lol.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I was considering there home course. Has anyone taken that course or any other

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jus1975 View Post
    I was considering there home course. Has anyone taken that course or any other
    Same here, just to get the fundamentals down. So far im on here learning as much as possible.

I cant say enough about The Tuning Schools course. I have the GM level 1 package along with the Gen5/trans tune manual and love it. Yes, it is a little expensive but it a literally a follow along recipe for learning how to tune. I did the seminar and though at first it was way over my head (I had never even connected to a vehicle before I went) after going it made putting everything together a lot easier. I am still a novice and am learning everyday but having a manual to fall back on really, really helps. There is a lot of great info on here mainly, and some YouTube vids by SSCOB "sscobaltoverbooster" I believe is his name. Bob, Brett and Mike over at the tuning are all excellent guys to deal with and will go way out of their way to help you as needed. Just my .02.

Shawn G.

The tuningschool stuff is pretty nice. I have used their items twice to either get better at or learn