Thread: Raptor 2017 electronic wastegates turbo upgrade stuck @550HP

Tuner in Training

Raptor 2017 max fuel pressure ?

Hi,

i am tuning this raptor, we mounted Wagner intercooler , 3" decat exhaust. upgraded turbo's
    the turbo's should be bigg enough to run 650HP calculated from the original turbo's for 500.

so i am been running the car on the dyno for 2days now. making 550HP and 720NM

running out of fuel now, what is maximum pressure of high pressure fuel side ??

526pk 765nm.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by KCPerformance; 02-28-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCPerformance View Post
    Hi,

i am tuning this raptor, we mounted Wagner intercooler , 3" decat exhaust. upgraded turbo's
    the turbo's should be bigg enough to run 650HP calculated from the original turbo's for 500.

i have some problems with exhaust temp limits and can't get worked around it.
    anybody that wants to have a look ?

Attachment 76962
    Attachment 76963
    Attachment 76964
    Attachment 76965
    Looks like your hitting all of the normal limiters.

Advanced Tuner
    Resonators? If you run it with just a dp omitting mid back detached does it change?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    Whose turbos are you running?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by KCPerformance View Post
    Hi,

i have some problems with exhaust temp limits and can't get worked around it.
    anybody that wants to have a look ?

Attachment 76962
    Attachment 76963
    Attachment 76964
    Attachment 76965
    It looks to me like you're running into two separate issues, from ~2700 rpm -> 4800 rpm is one issue and then from ~4800-> red line is the second one.

The first issue is limiting to an engine indicated ~510 torque (you can see it fluctuates a couple, but seems to be targeting right around the 510 mark), which is right where the torque request is. Typically when throttle angle source goes to TQ Red. < Driver Demand you see a limit pop up under driver demand limit source and/or torque airlimit source. The torque max source and torque max protection sources don't typically restrict you by themselves. To me it looks like there's a torque limit table that may not be defined, or your airload -> torque and inverse tables could be messed up.

With that said, while I don't typically recommend this, in your case (swapped out pretty much every exhaust component) probably the most expedient method of getting around the exhaust temp max source is to change the values in the exhaust temp reference tables under fuel -> temperature control. Take a look at tables [ECM] 44557, [ECM] 44553, and [ECM] 44552 for values to change. Be careful changing the entire exhaust temp table as it can make the truck think the 02 sensors aren't up to temperature and throw you into true OL fueling if its off too much.

As for the limits you're hitting above 4800 rpms they're relating to turbo fmem, for that try raising your turbo compressor outlet temps. Unfortunately that's the only idea I have atm for turbo fmem for you since you're airflow table is already maxed. Changing the exhaust temp table may help here as well though.

Tuner in Training
    thanks !

i am looking into it. but idd there are tables not availible for changing.

i got the exhaust temp limit fixed... needed to change some values

526pk 765nm.hpl
    Last edited by KCPerformance; 02-28-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    anybody any advice about maximum fuel pressure ?