Thread: Track Addict Crashes on IOS 11.2.5 When connecting to OBDLink MX on a 2016 Subaru STi

Tuner

Track Addict Crashes on IOS 11.2.5 When connecting to OBDLink MX on a 2016 Subaru STi

I am having issues with my Track Addict app crashing when it is launching and trying to connect to my OBDLink MX WiFi dongle for vehicle PID inputs. The car is a 2016 Subaru STi. I have an Ice Autocross tomorrow I was going to use it with and get it ready for. But now I'm running into connection problems.

I also then tried connecting to it in my 2014 GMC Sierra pick up truck and it works fine then. Track Addict does not crash and connects to the OBDLink MX dongle and allows vehicle PID inputs. It worked on my 2013 Camaro SS last year as well.

I made sure my phone was connected to the OBDLink MX dongle first and that it showed as connected in the WiFi screen. I tried turning Bluetooth on and off and it didn't have any effect either way.

Iphone 5S. iOS version 11.2.5
    Track Addict Version is v3.8.
    OBD II Dongle: OBDLink MX WiFi

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Nick S.

I'll look into this problem further, but a potential workaround for now could be to go down to the OBD section of the Options screen, tap that little info button to the left (appears only when an OBD selection is enabled), and then select "Disable Advanced Features". That will make it use a simpler set of functionality, so there would be less things that could go wrong, and hopefully it would avoid whatever the issue is here.

Tuner
    Thanks for the tip Weston. I'll have to try this and see if it at least resolves the crashing problem.