Thread: boost gauge

boost gauge

Is it possible to hook my boost gauge up to my hp tuners pro? If so please provide some detail on how to set this up.

Hp Tuners already has a way to log that with MAP KPA.

You MAP readings are your boost readings. Anything over 100kpa is boost. So like 130kpa is 4.3psi of boost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So in reality I don't my boost gauge is obsolete. That's actually good news for me as i can use that pressure line for my methanol boost turn on switch. Thanks for that information. For what is worth 5FDP, your advise has been awesome! With your help I've completely dialed in my MAF and VE tables. My last step is timing. I'm really nervous to do this one so i will wait until a do a little more reading.

I wouldn't say obsolete, some people do like having the gauge in the truck to watch what it is doing while you are driving.

For tuning, a boost gauge is not required because the 2 or 3 BAR sensor is what you are using to log boost in the scanner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.