Thread: Help Plz: Start up on L99 after adding supercharger - lots of codes

Potential Tuner

Help Plz: Start up on L99 after adding supercharger - lots of codes

After a long upgrade project on my 2010 Camaro SS L99. I'm getting some major codes.

If I let the car charge overnight I can get it to idle for 10 min before it dies. Then it dies almost right after crank up.

Too many codes for me to chase to figure out what is wrong. I'm thinking this might be due to a bad ground. But any help on where to start the trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated.

Below are the codes I'm getting after it dies out

0x7E8: P0036 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2) (Pending, Current, Old, History)
    0x7E8: P0050 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1) (Pending, History)
    0x7E8: P0056 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 2) (Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P0059 - HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 1) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0102 - Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0202 - Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit / Open (Pending, Current, Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0204 - Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit / Open (Pending, Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0206 - Cylinder 6 Injector Circuit / Open (Pending, Current)
    0x7E8: P0208 - Cylinder 8 Injector Circuit / Open (Pending)
    0x7E8: P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request) (Pending, Current)
    0x7EA: P2534 (Pending, Current, Permanent)

Don’t run it anymore... has to be a ground!! Half the injectors probably aren’t firing.....

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Don?t run it anymore... has to be a ground!! Half the injectors probably aren?t firing.....
    That was my thought too. I've been looking all over trying to find a ground I missed putting back, but can't find any that are not solid. Any thought on what ground all passenger side injectors are grounded at?

Tuning Addict
    Check the ecm fuses in the trunk? Grounds are on the rear of each head - one at right lower corner of passenger head and then driver's may or may not have two on the rear of it... Really sounds like a fuse though with heater circuits and an injector bank...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Check the ecm fuses in the trunk? Grounds are on the rear of each head - one at right lower corner of passenger head and then driver's may or may not have two on the rear of it... Really sounds like a fuse though with heater circuits and an injector bank...
    ECM fuses in the trunk are good. That was a good thought tho. I did not think about the trunk fuses.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettJStewart View Post
    ECM fuses in the trunk are good. That was a good thought tho. I did not think about the trunk fuses.
    Found the main front ground wire a little loose. (If I pulled on it I could get it to turn) Tightened it up. but still not change in running. The codes went down in number. But I'm still lost here.

Now the only codes showing are below: (about 1/2 as much as before)
    0x7E8: P0202 - Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit / Open (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0204 - Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit / Open (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request) (Pending, Current)
    0x7EA: P2534 (Pending, Current, Permanent)

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    check your power leads as well. had a no start at sonoma raceway all because the battery cable at the alternator feed junction (truck motor) had come loose and wasnt letting enough current flow through to power the ecu.
    it has to be a power or ground junction as the codes that do occur receive one or the other from the ecu. you just need to find where the circle of flow is broken.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    check your power leads as well. had a no start at sonoma raceway all because the battery cable at the alternator feed junction (truck motor) had come loose and wasnt letting enough current flow through to power the ecu.
    it has to be a power or ground junction as the codes that do occur receive one or the other from the ecu. you just need to find where the circle of flow is broken.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to wait till next weekend to try and trace the power side. (gotta get ready for a work trip on Monday) I'll post on here if I get this thing figured out next weekend.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll keep hunting till I find it.

Tuner in Training
    Looks more like bad power wire, the injectors are grounded through the ecm to trigger them, the other side of the coil just goes straight to keyed power.

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, that's why I said to check the ecm fuse in the trunk - it powers all of those injectors, but if you weren't working in that area? Did you take the battery junction block apart? If you did, take it back apart and make sure all of the connectors are fully seated via their retaining latching bolts and no pins backed out or bent over... Also make sure the main power connection on the driver's side fender is tight and the smaller connectors on the upper side of the fuse block are seated - had one that wouldn't fire at all where that connector never latched fully (the smaller one above the fuse block that has a scissor latch setup)...

Main thing is to just keep it simple - retrace whatever you took loose and had to reattach
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Well...After another day of troubleshooting I'm about to give up hope on this one. I double checked all grounds (good) I checked resistance on the injectors (tested good 12.5 ohms), I tested keyed on voltage at the injector (12V all good), I checked the driver circuit from the ECM with a test light (flashes indicate its sending a good signal), I put in a diode across an injector harness (flashed indicates its sending a good signal). SO if injector is good, ECM is good, and wiring is good. What the heck is going on here? Anything else I can try here?

Potential Tuner
    I'm not only getting the following codes, but car shuts down 2 seconds after crank.

0x7E8: P0050 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1) (Pending, History)
    0x7E8: P0202 - Cylinder 2 Injector Circuit / Open (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0204 - Cylinder 4 Injector Circuit / Open (Permanent)

2 seconds after crank sounds security related if it's running and then dies.

The other codes could just waiting for a few drive cycles to clear being that they are permanent codes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    2 seconds after crank sounds security related if it's running and then dies.

The other codes could just waiting for a few drive cycles to clear being that they are permanent codes.
    Would you recommend removing the VATS and re-flashing?

It wouldn't hurt if you had too. Being that the VATS tabs are in the OS tab you have to write entire for it to take.

I can't say that's exactly what is happening but from previous stuff in the past the 2-3 seconds of run time and then it cutting off tends to be the security system shutting it down in many cases.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.