Hello, I have a quick question regarding my 2003 Neon SRT-4.

I lost my keys today and have removed the current door lock to take to the locksmith on Monday to have a new key made.
The PCM that came with my car is not the original, nor is the motor. I know the locks have been replaced once before me because the trunk lock does not match the current door/ignition lock.

In the VCM Editor, my current tune displays both "SKIM" and "SKIM capable" as Disabled:
vcm_skim.png

I found a few posts as new as 2016/2017 reporting that HPTuners was unable to reprogram the SKIM since it was something stored in RAM. (or something along those lines, that's not too important for my situation). Regardless, the info I found made me a little nervous about whether or not the "disabled" indicator is accurate. I have a feeling it is correct and the SKIM is actually disabled, and it was probably disabled before I owned the car in order to swap PCMs when the motor was replaced. I believe it was also VIN flashed at some point by someone with a DRB-3, this is likely how the SKIM may have ended up disabled.

My question: Are the SKIM settings reported in the editor accurate, meaning I will not have trouble with a regular non-transponder key?

Thanks and Regards,
Kelie