Thread: Is my Ngauge a paperweight?

Potential Tuner

Is my Ngauge a paperweight?

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I also sent an email to HP support and haven't heard back yet.

I have the HPT Ngauge. I had my Mustang tuned with the Ngauge and traded the Mustang in without returning it to stock being I did not have the stock air-box. If I get a new tune, am I able to erase the old tunes and use the Ngauge or is this locked and no longer useable?

Let me guess...Lund's nGauge?

Potential Tuner
    No, HP Tuners. Lund has their own software they use.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by j.curt View Post
    I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I also sent an email to HP support and haven't heard back yet.

I have the HPT Ngauge. I had my Mustang tuned with the Ngauge and traded the Mustang in without returning it to stock being I did not have the stock air-box. If I get a new tune, am I able to erase the old tunes and use the Ngauge or is this locked and no longer useable?
    You should be able to send it back to nGauge manufacturer to unlock if it is locked. I think I had to do that when I bought a used one.
    - Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by aksubiedubie View Post
    You should be able to send it back to nGauge manufacturer to unlock if it is locked. I think I had to do that when I bought a used one.
    - Isaac
    This won't turn everything off - only way is to unplug that jumper behind the air-box.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just to be clear, HP Tuners does NOT sell nor service nor troubleshoot the ngauge.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Just to be clear, HP Tuners does NOT sell nor service nor troubleshoot the ngauge.
    Thank you for the reply. Looks like I do have myself a very nice paper weight!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suggest getting in contact with Jim Ferraro who is a major ngauge distributor or with emotion directly to see what they can do to help. Unfortunately our forum is for our product support, not necessarily for ngauge support.

http://e-motionproducts.com/support/index.html
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Jim is on here, but more active on Facebook.

If the Nguage ever outputs .hpl logs instead of .csv or HPT makes the scanner handle .csv files well enough to completely use custom channels in the custom math, charts, and graphs it may actually be a lot more useful. There may be a work around's, but I don't know of them.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    But yet you let them put your name on it?? WTF??

Tuner in Training
    Yup, got me a nice paper weight too. And you think this is OK?????
    Quote Originally Posted by j.curt View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Looks like I do have myself a very nice paper weight!!

Email Jim, have your nGauge serial number in the email and ask him if he can provide an unlock.

Jim Ferraro [email protected]

It is not a paperweight. You will be able to use this again if you have not had it unlocked more than 3 times.

Advanced Tuner
    No it's not a paperweight, email Jim and he can get you the unlock file for it so you an use it with another vehicle.