Thread: P0332 Knock sensor low voltage 04' lq4

Tuner in Training

P0332 Knock sensor low voltage 04' lq4

I replaced both knock sensors, and their pigtail.. I think I have a wiring fault.. Until I trace it, does anyine know for certain if the PCM will engage KR at WOT simply because of this fault?? It is presently doing KR @ 10 degrees in WOT. I hear no ping, engine runs fine, 12.25 AFR command in PE mode @ 50% throttle.... Nothing else done- PE brought it to life, despite the big KR.... I know- I need to fix the wiring, but I just wonder if that P0332 will engage PCM KR on it's own, or not??
    Last edited by 2002camaro; 02-12-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo

Yes, it will pull timing with the code active.

Some just disable the code altogether because often the sensors still function. You can always just smack the block with a mallet and verify that it still picks up knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I figured it was that active code- now I have to run down the faulty wire. It will be interesting to see how it does when timing is not being retarded. Unfortunately, the truck will not fit in my garage with 8" lift on 38's. Now ya' see why I went 6.0/ 4l80! Indiana is still cold for outside work lol.