Here's my dilemma. I have a 2006 CVPI ( Crown Victoria Police Interceptor) I'm tuning and the original PCM calibration had FCFE6P9 operating system. Well, that PCM pooped the bed and I was able to get another one from the pick a part that is the same year and sub model ( 2006 Police Interceptor.) and it has a newer operating system FCFE6PY and that calibration seems to run smoother and it appears to have made some of the drivability issues I was having with the old calibration go away. Since my VCM suite won't let me change the VIN ( So I can have the replacement PCM match the car for emissions compliance.) due to the fact it's a Ford and if I had a GM, I could change it which shows obvious bias. Anyway, is there some way I could somehow patch the original PCM read from my old one to the updated software using my VCM editor? I was able to download the calibration file from the Ford repository but it is in a format the VCM editor doesn't understand, and it won't open it. It's more or less the same operating system patch the stealership would use to reflash your PCM to the latest software. Since the stealership won't simply update my PCM without having to know every intimate aspect about my life including how many kernels of corn were in my last turd ( If the count is off, they won't flash it either.) and charge me an arm and a leg to do it, I figured my $500 tuning software suite should have that capability. So my question is: since I cannot update the VIN information in the new PCM, can I at least patch the operating system to the new calibration on a full read I took before my old PCM died? I think I know what I'm going to be told but I figure this is worth the time it took to type up. I'll get farther here than at the Ford stealership. I have my files licensed and can edit them. The PCM hardware is Spanish Oak 1024K.