Thread: VE Tuning Question

Tuner

VE Tuning Question

When tuning VE with a wideband you have to have to be in true closed loop with Fuel Trims off COMPLETELY; correct? A lot of the tuning guides out there make a big deal about turning off LTFTs but not STFTs when tuning VE and that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm tuning my L31 daily driver as an example and even with Closed Loop Enable Coolant Temp set to 300* and STFT Openloop set to disabled I'm still seeing a steady change on the STFT readings which means the system is changing fueling based upon the front O2 sensors; correct? So in that case I'm not really seeing how accurate my VE tables are but rather how close the STFT's have gotten the tables to stoich, correct? How do I get the damned thing to completly disable any Closed Loop input? If I select Engine>Open and Closed Loop>Open Loop>Force Open Loop>Enable will that do it?

2-5-18 VE-TUNE.hpt

Wideband tuning is done in open loop, not closed loop.

If you have disabled the fuel trims and set the closed loop enable to temp is can not achieve it will not enter closed loop function. You can even log your open and closed loop fuel system status, if it says open loop it should not use any of the fuel trims to correct the fueling for you.

Sure, enable the force open loop tab as a back up and it should be good.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Wideband tuning is done in open loop, not closed loop.

If you have disabled the fuel trims and set the closed loop enable to temp is can not achieve it will not enter closed loop function. You can even log your open and closed loop fuel system status, if it says open loop it should not use any of the fuel trims to correct the fueling for you.

Sure, enable the force open loop tab as a back up and it should be good.
    "
    Thank you; I said that backwards, I meant it must be in open loop.