Thread: fan control

Tuner

fan control

I am working on a 12 5.0 i an trying to drop fan temp down to 160. I don't see but just one fan on and off and there is a hi and low speed. on the car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Go to System>Fans>Desired ECT set 10* above Thermostat.
    In Fan speed vs. ECT you will have to re scale the axis to ge the fans on that low. 160 is awful low for todays engines. Dont normally make a dyno pull untill 170 on one.

Tuner
    so is ac the low speed fan control??

Tuner in Training
    No in fan speed vs. ECT table, table 44002 you set fan speed percentage vs. ECT. table onlygoes down to 200 degrees, if you want fan control below that you will have to rescale the column axis on the top of the table.

Tuner
    I get that and have it set just a bit lower that stock not 160 we opped for a 180 thermo. i referring to the low and high relay control. it looks like high is ect vs % and ac is the low relay control as the % is much lower?? am i correct on that ??

Tuner in Training
    There is no High speed fan and low speed fan. The tables are for the percentage of fan speed. Fans are pulse width modulated not a set speed.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stick8555 View Post
    I get that and have it set just a bit lower that stock not 160 we opped for a 180 thermo. i referring to the low and high relay control. it looks like high is ect vs % and ac is the low relay control as the % is much lower?? am i correct on that ??
    So set the desired ECT to 200* then. That way the fans won't mess with the thermostat opening. The ECT table looks at ECT and ambient temperature to set fan speed. The AC table controls fan speed according to AC head pressure. Trans temp table controls speed vs trans temp.