Thread: Anyone ever a 8 speed trans not shift as quickly after headers?

Advanced Tuner

Anyone ever a 8 speed trans not shift as quickly after headers?

I'm not really sure what to think to be honest. 16 Scat Pack Charger, 6.4/8speed. Customer swears that the car doesn't shift as quickly in SPORT mode since the headers were installed.

At first he said it did that AFTER I tuned it(didn't touch the trans part)then I caught him changing his story later that it was like that after the headers were installed. After some back pedaling he stuck with the it was after the header install.

It has long tubes on it, no cats, resonator delete and aftermarket mufflers.

I'm not saying I don't believe him........but has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks.

The only way to really know Jay is to have logged Tq before and after and compare, but such a small mod shouldn't have skewed it that far...? I had done quite a few Long tube, no cat/high flow cat with and without cat back on top of it all before trans tuning was available and never had a customer say such a thing or notice it myself. Not saying it's not possible, just seems highly unlikely. When you do the tune are changing low torque values? in the trans? Again without a before and after compare of torque values at the exact same throttle % and RPM it would be almost impossible to know. Maybe do a log, see what actual versus expected torque is and see if it's way off, correct it to get back into the "correct" torque/pressure area of the shift...?

yes this also happens on GM vehicles, the shift goes flat where it used have a bit of snap or purpose like spark stays out of it for an extra split second. happens really bad on E85.

have to fix/play with the torque model to fix it.