Thread: P0330 (knock sensor circuit 2)

P0330 (knock sensor circuit 2)

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with this code. It popped up today on my 2018 ZL1 after making a 0-100 mph pull. I was not logging when it happened, of course.

The car is mostly stock (headers and intake), and the only things I had modified related to knock were reducing decay rate a bit, and pulling a degree across the board out of the knock retard attack base retard table.

After seeing the code, I tried to do a visual on the knock sensors (really could not see them without my lift), and put the base retard table back to stock. Made a bunch of WOT pulls, and the code has not come back as of yet.

So was this a fluke thing? Was it caused by my minor tweak to the base retard table? Sensor going bad? I am going to try to put it up in the air this weekend and make sure the bank 2 knock sensor connection and wiring are good, but any input is appreciated.

maf and o2 sensors can also throw knock codes so check those too considering you have headers and intake....upside down maf or crossed o2 plugs or if you didn't disconnect the battery when you had things unplugged.

Thanks. I will double check my 02 extensions and such. I have been driving it for about a month now since the header install, so its not like I just got everything installed.

I have been doing my WOT tuning, and have not had any issues. Then yesterday I ran out to grab some lunch, and this pops up.

I just wanted to make sure this wasn?t a calibration related code. It seems to be an electrical type code as opposed to a performance/range type code. I got one of those on one of my Gen 4 builds when I unknowingly changed some KR tables incorrectly. What worked on my 2008, was no longer the case on my 2013 due to ECU changes. But on this car, I have not messed with much.

Do you think this code could be caused by excessive KR? I wouldn?t think so, but figured I would ask. I still have some knock I need to get rid of.

Tuner in Training
    I had this issue on my 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport, could never figure it out. I logged it a bunch of times and never saw any knock when it threw the code. So I just disabled the p0330 from setting and never looked back. From what I've read that code is usually set by a knock sensor malfunction, not necessarily from excessive KR.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1985 View Post
    I had this issue on my 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport, could never figure it out. I logged it a bunch of times and never saw any knock when it threw the code. So I just disabled the p0330 from setting and never looked back. From what I've read that code is usually set by a knock sensor malfunction, not necessarily from excessive KR.
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up putting it on the lift this weekend and taking the starter heat shield off to give the bank 2 knock sensor a good once over. Everything looked good with the sensor and wiring. 02 sensors all seemed normal as well. Just for laughs, I swapped the front 02s from bank to bank to see if that code migrates if it comes back.

One of the guys I found online with this code had a melted 02 sensor connector. So, like Higgs mentioned, I guess they can cause this code. No issues like that on my car, though. I?m pretty damn thorough on my installs, so I didnt think it was anything like that.

It still has not come back, but I am going to replace the knock sensor. For $15, why not. I dont want to disable the code if it is a real issue.

Why do all my apostrophes turn into ???? When I post? Sets off my OCD, lol.