Thread: Timing Calculator

Banned

Timing Calculator

Here's a timing calculator I built specific to UDC Pro table layouts, not sure if HP Tuners copy to excel the same or not. If not if some one provides me a spreadsheet with HP Tuners table layouts for pressure, duration and timing I can readjust. This calculator uses advanced background magic to find the values its looking for. A difference in axis values will not affect the operation of the calculator. Just make sure on the pressure, duration and current timing sheets the axis values are what you want if different than stock and it'll take care of all other axis values on the rest of the tables in the other sheets. This calculator shows more information as well than others do. It'll show you how changing for example pressure in one cell is going to affect the total injection duration. This calculator also has a "lookup" sheet where you can "lookup" any pressure, duration, timing(current and new) values for any given rpm and mm3/s.

If any one wants to see anything added to this calculator let me know and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k1soj6...ming_Calc.xlsx

Banned
    Here is an updated timing calculator that includes pilot timing

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6rmgze...Calc%20v2.xlsx

Tuner
    Hey Jim ill check it out. There is another one i posted you can play with too. Before you do a ton of repeated work. If yours is better ill pull mine down

Just looked yours is nicer thanks Jim.
    Last edited by Bamofo; 02-21-2018 at 06:53 PM.
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Hey Jim ill check it out. There is another one i posted you can play with too. Before you do a ton of repeated work. If yours is better ill pull mine down

Just looked yours is nicer thanks Jim.
    I realized I made a mistake in my formula for the estimated pilot injection timing you should see on a datalog, everything else as far as the background calculations is very accurate when compared against a datalog. I?ll post up another revision soon with the error corrected along with some more ?lookup? options, for pilot, along with some helpful info guidelines for less experienced people ?street tuning? their truck and learning. At some point I will make a 6.7L version of this calculator, maybe make it a 2 in 1 where a user can select engine platform and the correct table formats will come up for the selected engine platform.

Banned

Banned
    Please do NOT follow the guideline in v2.1 in regards to max timing under full load!!!! Was meant to be 48-50% split maximum!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f31qci...Calc_v2.2.xlsx

Banned
    Version 2.3, Background updates/corrections
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3n3dd3...lc%20v2.3.xlsx

Potential Tuner
    How do I go about using this, pull all of my tables and insert them and it automatically calculates a optimal timing curve? For example, since all my stock fueling tables match, do I copy that initial timing curve and go from there?

Banned
    There is no calculator that automatically calculates an optimal timing curve. Timing and rail pressure is going to vary from one engine to the next and from mod to mod.

Copy and paste duration, pressure and timing table you are using, in the table for percent before TDC, enter how much timing(injection) you want before TDC and it will give you a timing table for your desired % before TDC. Street tuning don?t go more than 50% at full load.

Potential Tuner
    Okay that makes much more sense.

Banned
    For pilot timing, it functions a bit more different than I had thought. So the pilot portion of the calculator needs a little bit more refinement but as is should give really close real world results once at operating temperature and stock correction tables for pilot timing.

Tuner in Training
    Hey I downloaded the calc but the axis labels are flipped compared to my vcm table orientation. So I can't just straight copy/paste. Is this calc based on an earlier vcm version or different ecm?
    I have a 2006 if that's relevant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flubyux2 View Post
    Hey I downloaded the calc but the axis labels are flipped compared to my vcm table orientation. So I can't just straight copy/paste. Is this calc based on an earlier vcm version or different ecm?
    I have a 2006 if that's relevant.
    Read the first post, based off UDC Pro. I don?t have table format for VCM to make a VCM table format specific one

Banned
    Will be updating the timing calculator when I get some free time with the axis flipped around

Tuner
    Is this timing calculator made for UDC or can I use it in HPtuners, I read your first post in this thread but I dont think I quite understand. Is this a new timing calculator that I can use or is it for people without HPtuners?

Banned
    You can use it for HP tuners but the axis?s are rotated from the tables in HP Tuners which unfortunately don?t have the option to rotate tables like Smarty?s UDC or Warp. So I?m in the process of flipping the axis?s in the calculator so users of HP Tuners that want to use the calculator can direct copy and paste with it. I originally built it using the default map layouts of UDC.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Jim, I?ve been looking for a decent timing calculator

Jim P Thank you for the timing calc! I appreciate the work put into it and I'm excited to see the final version setup for HP tuners!

Tuner in Training
    This calculator looks great , been lookin for one to do pilot also ! Looking forward to the HP version , thanks for your effort Jim P !!

Tuner in Training
    Looking forward to seeing the calculator axis swapped for hpt. Doing it in Excel really stinks! Have a great weekend guys.