Thread: excel spread sheet

Tuner

excel spread sheet

point me in the rite direction where to purchase Excel spread sheet for injector change

Advanced Tuner
    Don't understand the question. http://www.rcfuelinjection.com/Technical

Tuner
    Simple,i want to know where I can buy excel spreadsheet for injector data change

Tuner
    No body????

There isn't a single spreadsheet for changing injectors available as I know it. I am working on one for our next Tutorial release but there are public ones you can use for flow data at least. The problem comes as there are 4 different conventions used today....Gen III was specified at 0-80 kPa with 0 being wideopen or 1 atmosphere and 80 being vacuum. Early Gen IV's went to -80 to +80 kPa where the -80 was prepping for boost and multibar MAP sensors. Also these were all based on a fixed 58 psi fuel pressure (4 bar or 400 kPa)

Then The Gen IV's migrated to an expanded range which initially was 124 to 640 kpa in 16 kPa increments which was nice because with a 58 psi fuel pressure and an N/A setup at wide open (1 atmosphere) the 400 kPa cell was equal to the -80 to +80 cells from the Gen III conventions so you could at least just copy over those values. This new convention was implemented to be able to handle what they now called Pressure Delta which allowed both the fuel pressure and manifold pressure to be used to define the overall pressure across the injector. This was to support the Zr1/ZL1/CTSV platforms where Fuel Pressure Control Modules where being installed to vary the fuel pressure for various modes like low flow (idle), High flow (WOT) etc and allow normal size injectors to increase their IFR dynamic range. Please note that if you arent developinfg a boosted setup the everything to the left of 400 Kpa can be equal to the 400 kpa value and you will never ever need to go lower than the 480/488 values so they don't need to be accurate either. This is especially important when you are scaling a tune...but that is another course topic :-)

Then if that wasn't enough, they change that convention to 128 to 768 kPa with 20 kPa steps and now there was no 400 kPa to establis a starting point with the previous injector parameters but there were some common points like 208, 288 etc. which you could fill in and then interpolate across in a pinch.

Hope this helps at least establish the ground work for injector changes and you can see there are alot of premiatations depending on where you are starting and where you want to go. Here is a calculator I created to at least help with the Injector flow rates and then the offset values can be moved about as defined above. The SPA stuff can also be extrapaolated using the same techniques as above.

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mowton; 02-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thank you Ed your the man

Tuner
    So I purchased the Microsoft office excel,i have to learn how to use it.

Welcome to the dark side...its actually a great program and with time you can make it do some awesome things. I am not that astute with math but have accomplished things like automatic updating of Spar axis for scaled tunes, 1-6 order polynomials for transforming IAT scaling etc. Great Google help out there as well.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]