Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice for tuning. running rich

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Open loop ignores the o2 sensors, so it doesn't really matter what they are doing. They tend to only start switching once the rpms are above idle.
    okay so then tuning the ve id just log the AFR error in the log and do the copy and past special by % to the ve table?
    and would turning off the dfco get rid of the stall when i blip the throttler? its a manual.
    Last edited by dennyp20121; 02-22-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Yes, just copy and paste the results in your AFR Error histogram into your VE table using "paste special % HALF". You want to creep up on the correct #'s so do the % HALF multiple times or until you get your errors showing in each cell to be < +/-3%.

DFCO has nothing to do with the engine stalling when you blip the throttle. DFCO is only active when you are decelerating at speed the PCM cuts off the fuel (Deceleration Fuel Cut Off). Once you get your VE table situated, and your MAF table situated, then you can work on RAF. Have you done anything to your timing to help control your idle? Once you get those things worked out, it should idle without stalling.

Tuner in Training
    not yet. i have to pull a few degrees to keep it from hanging thats all. other than that it idles nice. but i did notice in the data log that the map sensor is pegged at about 2k rpm so i think i need to get the 3 bar to start with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'd worry about getting your fueling down before you start swapping in more sensors. It's so rich now still if those fuel trims are correct.

Is fuel pressure correct at 58psi?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'd worry about getting your fueling down before you start swapping in more sensors. It's so rich now still if those fuel trims are correct.

Is fuel pressure correct at 58psi?
    55psi at running

Tuner in Training
    The problem I'm having now is that afr error histogram in the loger is only populating one cell.

You are likely missing something in the channels list or your graph layout if it does not populate correctly in the graphs.

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Either missing or using mismatched parameters. The parameter you use in the histogram has to be the exact same one you are logging. For some of the parameters, manifold pressure especially there are several different manifold pressure parameters that give the same reading but have slightly different names. I had this issue when I first setup my histograms, was logging one version, and using another in the histogram.