Thread: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Edelbrock SC ECU tuning

Senior Tuner

2017 Jeep Wrangler Edelbrock SC ECU tuning

Does anyone have any experience with using HP Tuners on a 2015-2017 Jeep Wrangler that has the Edelbrock E-Force ECM/TCM calibration already done? They require you to send the ECU to them to have the calibration flashed into the ECM, but I have a customer wanting to come in for custom tuning with the already modified ECM and I'm not sure what software or process Edelbrock is using to modify these ECM/TCM's.

Does anyone know if HP Tuners is compatible with this unlock or will we need to source a new ECM?
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Anyone?
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Try it and see....

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Try it and see....
    Well, no kidding. That's pretty much what's going to happen. I was just hoping someone had some insight before I go in blind. I guess we'll see what happens, but I think I'll send an email to support to see if they can reconfigure it to ensure success.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Jaime, we have had several JK Edelbrock customers come in for a tune with a previously unlocked PCM. Most come with a SCT handheld that we unmarry and then tune with HPtuners. We have not had any issues. The last one we did was installed by the customer about 60 days ago.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Jaime, we have had several JK Edelbrock customers come in for a tune with a previously unlocked PCM. Most come with a SCT handheld that we unmarry and then tune with HPtuners. We have not had any issues. The last one we did was installed by the customer about 60 days ago.
    Thanks Mike. From what I understand from Edelbrock's literature, the 2015-2017's don't ship with the SCT and require the installer to send the ECM and TCM to Edelbrock to be "flashed" so I don't think I'll have to mess with that part. I would rather that be the case.

My concern is the potential lack of compatibility between their ECM unlock method and HP Tuners software, much like Diablo or SCT unlocked ECM and HP Tuners.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Thanks Mike. From what I understand from Edelbrock's literature, the 2015-2017's don't ship with the SCT and require the installer to send the ECM and TCM to Edelbrock to be "flashed" so I don't think I'll have to mess with that part. I would rather that be the case.

My concern is the potential lack of compatibility between their ECM unlock method and HP Tuners software, much like Diablo or SCT unlocked ECM and HP Tuners.
    I'm confident that these customers did not send their TCM to anyone. However, for the 2015 and newer ones I was told the PCM's were sent to either SCT or Diablosport. We had no issues tuning those. If Edelbrock is also unlocking the PCM's then I cannot confirm if they work with HPtuners or not.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

We got the edelbrock kit for wrangler 2017, anyone has the calibration file or tuned file for the PCM - TCM ?

Note : we have a unlocked PCM