Thread: LS3 E38, 4L80E T42 idle issues

LS3 E38, 4L80E T42 idle issues

Hello Community, my first thread. Just finished a LS3/4L80E swap into a 68 Chevelle. Using the original E38 ECM and a T42 TCM with a Dakota VHX digital dash running off the Can Bus. I purchased and tuned it with HP Tuners Pro. I loaded a 2013 corvette tune and a 2008-09 Express van tune. Removed Vats and took out the rear ox sensors and all purge items. Car starts and runs great, but when putting it in reverse or any gear besides park or neutral, it will idle up 300 rpm higher than programed for about 6-8 seconds than the idle it is programed to. Standard program shows 600 rpm in N or P and 575 rpm in any gear. I have been looking for adaptive idle but can seem to find or know if this will actually will help my issue. I really appreciate any response in advance. Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 951forfun View Post
    Hello Community, my first thread. Just finished a LS3/4L80E swap into a 68 Chevelle. Using the original E38 ECM and a T42 TCM with a Dakota VHX digital dash running off the Can Bus. I purchased and tuned it with HP Tuners Pro. I loaded a 2013 corvette tune and a 2008-09 Express van tune. Removed Vats and took out the rear ox sensors and all purge items. Car starts and runs great, but when putting it in reverse or any gear besides park or neutral, it will idle up 300 rpm higher than programed for about 6-8 seconds than the idle it is programed to. Standard program shows 600 rpm in N or P and 575 rpm in any gear. I have been looking for adaptive idle but can seem to find or know if this will actually will help my issue. I really appreciate any response in advance. Thank you
    y

Post yer tune cowboy

scott28. What is the easiest way to do that? Post the entire tune from file?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 951forfun View Post
    scott28. What is the easiest way to do that? Post the entire tune from file?
    Somewhere on your computer, you will have a HP Tuners file with an .hpt extension. This is the tune file that you used to update the ECM in your Chevelle. Click on "Reply" and then "Go Advanced" buttons below to submit a reply to this message. Find the *****.hpt tune file and attached it to your response. Sometimes, simple problems have simple answers and they'll show up easily in the tune file.
    Last edited by scottt28; 02-22-2018 at 04:15 PM.