Thread: MAP Pressure Not Changing

MAP Pressure Not Changing

Is there a way to determine if I've out flowed my MAP on my MAF sensor. I was doing some pulls the other day and noticed that my MAP went to 120kpa and flat lined after that. The fueling looks good, timing is good but my MAP seems to flat line for the remainder of the pull. Is there where the VE tables kick in or is this sign that i need to raise the limit on my MAP. I've attached a copy of the runpPlease advise
    Last edited by tobb14; 02-19-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Factory 1 bar MAP sensor stop at 120ish kpa on many GEN 4 cars. The tune even shows that the sensor has a linear setting of 128kpa.

You must purchase and install a 2 bar MAP sensor or 3 bar MAP sensor to see beyond what a 1 bar sensor can.

Or if you installed a 2/3 bar sensor you must remove that 1 bar MAP channel and use the 2 or 3 bar MAP channel to see above 120ish kpa in the scanner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You need a MAP sensor that can read boost if that's what you want it to do...
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thanks for the advice, when I open up the tuner to see if it has 2bar or 1bar

Were you asking a question there?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

no it was a simple statement, I originally suspected that I needed to upgrade my MAP sensor but I remember distinctly that my sensor showed 2bar. I think I may have the old 1 bar system loaded on the system.

You don't have to be running a 2 BAR operating system to have it show boost though. Not sure if I'm confusing myself with what you are saying.

The 1 BAR OS can still run a 2 bar sensor because the VVE supports 2 bar, just the sensor selection in the VCM scanner needs to be changed to see pressure above 1 bar as well as the linear and offset settings for the sensor in the tune file.