Thread: E85 on NA 6.2

Tuner

E85 on NA 6.2

Hi guys, my question is what AFR do you all usually shoot for on E85? The cars got Torquer V2, FBO, Stall, etc. Ive been searching the forum but keep coming up with way different numbers. Right now its set at 12.7afr on 93 octane. All input appreciated

Use lambda with E85, it will make things far easier when you are tuning with a wideband through the scanner. Using AFR will screw you up with how different the stoich ratio is for E85 compared to gasoline.

Generally .85 to .87 lambda is a good target to hit, no really reason to run it super lean on a setup like this.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thanks for the advice, currently working on switching my LM2 and Scanner to read Lambda. Got confusing quick running as AFR.

Senior Tuner
    i have a reading for both lambda and AFR, soon as i started to get into tuning i used lambda from the start and its been easier with ethanol, the AFR i barely look at but its good just for a check now and then