Thread: What's up with this thing?

Tuner in Training

What's up with this thing?

OK, I know that I'm new to this whole tuning thing but I have been getting along good so far with this swap.
    I just don't understand why I can't get the throttle to open at low or no MPH.
    I have included my tune and a log file of a "power brake" sitting in the driveway. Notice the lack of throttle position with pedal at 80%.
    I think I have brake torque mgmt. off and traction control off. but I can't get the throttle to open much at low speed.
    Not trying to smoke the tires but it would be nice to be able to get over a rock on the trail without just warming up the torque converter.
    This is a 2014 L83/6L80 in a Toyota Land Cruiser. Totally stock including full California smog. I have made some adjustments to the engine torque Mgmt. tables and a little bit to the transmission. Am I missing something in the traction control area?
    Running great on the road but first gear is gutless and second gear launches.
    I would appreciate any criticism or suggestions about the tune particularly any that will give me some bottom end power.
    I could probably get a zero to sixty log this weekend if it is needed but the power brake is where I'm having trouble.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    On my 2016, under engine>General>TCS method> Enable temp. I set mine to 250*..........not sure, but that might help.

I do still have a issue with some kind of torque management. If I power brake it takes right off. If it doesn't shift before I let off, it will be reduced power until it shifts. I waiting for non-salted roads to do more testing.
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the suggestion Jbeemer, unfortunately it didn’t make any difference.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure, new to gen v stuff here too. I did just notice under the speedo tab>limiter>general is set to GMLAN. I have mine set to calibration because there is now speed info from the LAN network. I don't think it will change anything..............but it's something.

Do you have a build thread anywhere?
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwineo View Post
    OK, I know that I'm new to this whole tuning thing but I have been getting along good so far with this swap.
    I just don't understand why I can't get the throttle to open at low or no MPH.
    I have included my tune and a log file of a "power brake" sitting in the driveway. Notice the lack of throttle position with pedal at 80%.
    I think I have brake torque mgmt. off and traction control off. but I can't get the throttle to open much at low speed.
    Not trying to smoke the tires but it would be nice to be able to get over a rock on the trail without just warming up the torque converter.
    This is a 2014 L83/6L80 in a Toyota Land Cruiser. Totally stock including full California smog. I have made some adjustments to the engine torque Mgmt. tables and a little bit to the transmission. Am I missing something in the traction control area?
    Running great on the road but first gear is gutless and second gear launches.
    I would appreciate any criticism or suggestions about the tune particularly any that will give me some bottom end power.
    I could probably get a zero to sixty log this weekend if it is needed but the power brake is where I'm having trouble.

Thanks
    We had a break in the weather and I've had mine out driving. I have the same issue in 1st gear. However if I touch the brake pedal it will launch great. Not sure where to look next...........
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I have finally resolved this issue. Brake light switch wire from X1-57. The wiring diagram showed it should be run to the lighting schematics. Several searches told me to hook it up to 12v either when the pedal was pressed or when the pedal was not pressed. I added the brake position to my scanner page and set out to figure it out. What I found is that the ECM needs to see ground when pedal is not pressed and open when pressed. The way I had it wired was telling the ECM that the brake was always applied and it was holding back power for that reason. Also may not have been locking the torque converter. I wanted to post the solution that worked for me so someone later might benefit.
    I hate finding threads that just stop with no resolution.
    This is for a gen v swap.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwineo View Post
    Ok, I have finally resolved this issue. Brake light switch wire from X1-57. The wiring diagram showed it should be run to the lighting schematics. Several searches told me to hook it up to 12v either when the pedal was pressed or when the pedal was not pressed. I added the brake position to my scanner page and set out to figure it out. What I found is that the ECM needs to see ground when pedal is not pressed and open when pressed. The way I had it wired was telling the ECM that the brake was always applied and it was holding back power for that reason. Also may not have been locking the torque converter. I wanted to post the solution that worked for me so someone later might benefit.
    I hate finding threads that just stop with no resolution.
    This is for a gen v swap.
    what did you do with the brake travel sensor?