Thread: Mustang GT 5.0 Crackle tune

Tuner in Training

Mustang GT 5.0 Crackle tune

Hey everybody! I've been working on the tune on a friends 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 Automatic. First...he wanted the ghost cam...did it for him. The auto didn't exactly like the ghost cam much but he loved it. We got more power from his car and he has now asked me to put exhaust crackle into his tune. I've searched all the forums several times already to no avail. Can somebody possibly explain the process to me as I've never put a crackle tune into a Mustang? The car already has the DFCO shut off, cats removed, and some exhaust work done. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    on a 13 you should be able to set the tip-out spark decel table to something lower. What I did on my own car when I had it was to leave the idle area, and the 4000 columns at higher values like 25 (stock I think is 60) and decrease the middle columns, the lower you go the more aggressive the exhaust crackle is. I set it to -10 just playing around and it was like a battlefield in war lol.

I managed to get mine to a happy middle area with DFCO still enabled, it would crackle some and then stop after a second. Just enough IMO. This was on a manual, so an auto you might have to play with the settings to get it to cooperate but the tip-out decel table is a quick way to do it.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the help! I'll experiment with his Mustang and see how he likes it.