Thread: Why no app?

Why no app?

Seems like this day and age, everything integrates with our smart phones...except hp tuners. Why no app is available yet? I?m jealous, Hondata has one. Any plans for one? Please?? I?m sure many of us would pay for an app. I?d like a display of sensors on a deduced phone along with limited flashing features. It would be pretty convenient to be able to change shift points, timing, shift firmness and minor things like that.

I read a thread about an app from 6 years ago. It’s 2018 and this tuning suite is still behind the times. It’s a potential to make even more money, not sure why it hasn’t happened. I am aware of the track addict app but that isn’t even close to what we’d want. Something like a proprietary cord that plugs into a smart phone from the hp tuners box. Then on your phone in the app, allow access to minor things like rpm limits, shift points, shift firmness, etc.

How would you integrate into the HPTuners cable to even see data? There is no Bluetooth or WiFi enabled in the cable itself to interface with a phone.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    How would you integrate into the HPTuners cable to even see data? There is no Bluetooth or WiFi enabled in the cable itself to interface with a phone.
    A Bluetooth dongle. Also another idea, hondata gets you to send your ecm in and adds Bluetooth to it somehow. Or you could make the new hp tuners boxes available in a Bluetooth model with an option to send in your old box for an upgrade. More money for hp tuners. It looks like to me that hp tuners is basically on cruise mode. It’s been the same thing for years. Software upgrades is nice but all of this can be taken further. You could usually incorporate the whole hp tuners box and cable into one Bluetooth dongle. Much easier to fool with not having to deal with wires.

I’d be so down for a Bluetooth dongle the more I think about it. Life would be so much easier. Then say you need to make some minor adjustments to a customer car or your car, whip out your smart phone and get it done without firing up the laptop. Or is something like this just too complicated and advanced?

Potential Tuner
    And now there is MPVI2 with Bluetooth and android apps..still not exactly a full tuning suite for mobile but a start of what could be. AND new MPVI2 uses universal credits sweet deal!

Hopefully they include an IOS App soon.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400