Thread: Continuation of Remote Tune

Continuation of Remote Tune

Hi guys,

I am really interested in continuing to tune my supercharged 2012 Mustang GT, following the progress made in my remote tune, by Lund. They do not use the HPTuners Suite themselves. With that tune flashed to the vehicle, can the VCM scanner / editor pull all the tune data for me, or would they have locked the data, forcing me to start from scratch?

Thanks!
    Last edited by CCS86; 02-25-2018 at 08:16 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You might want to ask them in this case.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Bill.

If they don't lock the tune the VCM Scanner can pull all the tune data from the PCM for editing?

Tuner in Training
    if the tunes not locked you can read it with vcm editor you log with scanner. then you need to license it to edit even if that shop uses hp tuners because it is only licensed to there unit.

Tuning Addict
    Just a FYI - Lund typically encrypts their tunes and won't let anyone else look at it...... Guess they feel they need to protect something?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking. Pretty sure I am working with encrypted tunes from them, currently. (*.enc files). Maybe I can convince them to float me something without encryption, if I sign an agreement or something. Somehow I doubt it.

It's a bummer that everyone is so protective in this regard. Locking a tune to a specific VIN # seems like it would be sufficient. I guess that they are worried about people "becoming tuners" by emulating values they see in the tune. It just doesn't seem like it's that realistic of a fear.

Potential Tuner
    The .enc is also different than the normal version and they do a couple other tricks or so I'm told.