Thread: Credits with failed or replaced interface?

Advanced Tuner

Credits with failed or replaced interface?

My interface failed out of nowhere yesterday while tuning a customers car. Was datalogging and it just quit and wouldn't connect anymore. The 15pin D-Sub connector on the interface smells burnt. Pin 13 on the DLC cable to interface is dark. The power light is very dim and flickers darker and brighter when plugged into a vehicle. I've tried other vehicles. I used a buddies DLC cable and it worked intermittently. It kills data communication line on my Work car Chevy sonic when I plug it in all gauges drop to zero till I unplug it. So its not currently a cable problem since I've used a new cable on it and still have problems. I know I need to contact support and send it in but here's my main concern

I've read other threads on google with people having the same burnt issues. Some were fixed and some had to pay a discounted price and get a new interface module. My concern if mine isn't repairable what does Tech support do with previous licensed vehicles and previous credits I've purchased if I had to get a replacement. I have 160 credits and multiple free license year models and several customers I cant charge just to relicense their vehicle. Will Tech support load all the previous vehicles into a replacement interface from the VCM info I downloaded and saved as a file if that's the route I have to go?
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Tuner in Training
    If it?s over 6 months old it will probably cost $289 if it?s a PRO. When you send in the bad one, all of your licenses will get transferred to the replacement.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea its a pro series probably 4-5 years old. If I have to buy another one at 289$ I wouldn't be too worked up about it as long as I can get my credit info swapped over 7800$ worth of credits and the unlimited year models took a while to get added up. Tech support emailed me last night and sent them all the information they requested. Just wait and see what they say
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.