Thread: AEM afr 30-4110 not connecting to hp tuners pro log correctly

Potential Tuner

AEM afr 30-4110 not connecting to hp tuners pro log correctly

Hello everyone,

I recently got a hp tuners pro and have dived into tunning and logging. But I am un able to get my afr gauge reading on my logging. I connected the white wire to input 1 and black (ground to input 5). It only reads 10.38 and jumps back and forth quickly in 10.3X. It never goes anywhere else. Will reading different acts on the gauge it self. I know the gauge itself is accurate from comparing it to a different gauge in the past. The power and ground for the gauge are currently coming from the cig lighter in the cubby. I removed the lighter itself. I went into the scanning program itself added a new channel, selected input 1 and the AEM afr 30-4110. And deleted and added it again with no change. I also tried a different ground. A wire off the passenger side top front fender bolt from the engine bay. Same result, I am stumped and tip or ideas would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    In channels add input one. Then right click it and select transform. Instead of AFR select EQ wideband then select aem 30-4110. Should show up in lambda. Then you can right click it again and select units. Choose whatever fuel you are running and see if it helps. I don't have my laptop in front of me to make sure that's the correct names in the steps. Don't use cigarette port. Find a better power and solid ground to use. Ground pin 5 of the interface to the same ground of the wideband. See how that works out for ya
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Potential Tuner
    I did just as described. Still no luck, it reads the same 10.x afr and it I tried the same process with input 2 and different grounds and the same result. And even tried it with the white wire not hooked up. And nothing changed.

Potential Tuner
    I also tested the white and ground wire. I am getting 5volts from the white wire.

Potential Tuner
    Today, I wired the wideband white 5v to the ac pressure sensor and it worked correctly in the scanner. And nearly matched my gauge perfectly after going thru the guide on how to here on the forums. But my email tuner won’t accept that. He wants the afr thru the serial or the green plug. Still the same results trying input 1 and input 2. Could my pro reader be bad?

On the rear of the 4110 is a small rotating switch....what mode are you using the wb in...Lambda or AFR? For AFR I believe the switch needs to be in P0 and for Lambda needs to be P1. Check out the manual for these correct settings.

Then, in the Scanner, select the MPVI A/D Input 1 channel, close the channel select window, click the MPVI a/d Input 1 channel and select Transform. Transform Selector window will open. Select Oxygen Sensors and the either Air-Fuel Ration or Equivalence Ratio depending on which mode you selected above. Find the AEM 30-4110 label and double click.

Should be good to go...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]