Thread: 2017 Silverado Procharged

Tuner in Training

2017 Silverado Procharged

Hello everyone I have a customers truck here with a box tune from pro charger, we went to raise the speed limiter based off of pro chargers tune and have somewhat bricked the ecm. We are getting a P0602 incomplete powertrain control module programming. All we did was raise the speed limiter in the pcm and tcm to match. Any ideas on how to get this thing back up and running? What I have tried thus far, returning to pro chargers base tune, write calibration only, and have tried to write entire. Every time we end up with a no start and P0602... Thanks ahead of time!

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I just experienced the same thing last night on a 2017 spark 1.8L NA with a turbo kit on it. I'm working thru the tune on the dyno and around the 10th flash it gave me that message on the DIC.
    HPT had an "erase command error" up on the window.
    To be clear, this happened during a write calibration only (10 second flash)
    Then;I tried to restart the flash, do a write entire, a read, cycle the key and tried all those again. Only message I get is failed to read. Reminds me of the early obd2 LT1 pcm's lol.
    Full laptop battery, laptop not plugged in, full car battery.
    Hopefully support can help, going to email them shortly.
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 03-05-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Me love boost long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Parriott View Post
    Hello everyone I have a customers truck here with a box tune from pro charger, we went to raise the speed limiter based off of pro chargers tune and have somewhat bricked the ecm. We are getting a P0602 incomplete powertrain control module programming. All we did was raise the speed limiter in the pcm and tcm to match. Any ideas on how to get this thing back up and running? What I have tried thus far, returning to pro chargers base tune, write calibration only, and have tried to write entire. Every time we end up with a no start and P0602... Thanks ahead of time!

Are you trying to "change" the Procharger tune that was put in by a SCT or Diablosport handheld? Sometimes these units change the checksum in the controllers and that might be your error. In a situation like this you would want to "read" the Procharger tune. Then return the vehicle to stock and read out the stock file. Copy over all the calibration values from the tuned file, DO NOT just flash the entire file in.
    Seeing as you can still flash tunes you are not bricked

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com View Post
    I just experienced the same thing last night on a 2017 spark 1.8L NA with a turbo kit on it. I'm working thru the tune on the dyno and around the 10th flash it gave me that message on the DIC.
    HPT had an "erase command error" up on the window. I tried to restart the flash, do a write entire, a read, cycle the key and tried all those again. Only message I get is failed to read. Reminds me of the early obd2 LT1 pcm's lol.
    Full laptop battery, laptop not plugged in, full car battery.
    Hopefully support can help, going to email them shortly.

If you are doing this for a business you really need to have a GM approved reflash constant voltage device like a Midtronics. Schumacher, OTC, etc. Lots of bricked PCMs in the LT1 days were voltage problems during a long reflash. No matter how good you think a vehicle's battery is the amount of controllers on newer vehicles is staggering. Key on engine off voltage drops quickly these days. Most of the reflash devices are meant to hold around 13.4V at full load and they range in size from 50-70amps. Even a fresh off the shelf battery will not have over 13 volts key on engine off. If you can't reflash this controller and a hard reset doesn't allow you to rewrite it then it is most likely a bricked paperweight. The only way to recover a controller where the bootloader is erased would be a direct to chip method.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner in Training
    If you dont do his for a living should you still have constant voltage device? the otc one is just over 500 bucks!
    Last edited by Hyperlinkblue; 03-04-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
    If you dont do his for a living should you still have constant voltage device? the otc one is just over 500 bucks!
    Really depends I guess on how often you do a full flash instead of a calibration only flash. 99% of the time the calibration flash can be recovered.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Advanced Tuner
    These were just calibration only reflashes that take less then 10 seconds. This is what has me puzzled.
    Agreed, a write entire is best done with a benchrig or clean DC aux supply.
    In the case of the old handgrenade LT pcms, it would even happen sometimes on my bench rig. Chip sockets and rom burners for the A/B chips were the only recourse for me, but could have been the ancient tunercat hardware/pc I was using.
    Me love boost long time.

Tuner in Training
    can you tell me in what instances you would need to do a full flash?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
    can you tell me in what instances you would need to do a full flash?
    converting the op system to one of the enhanced versions from HPT will require a "write entire"
    Me love boost long time.