Thread: 8L90e 6l80e 6l90e reverse lights in swap vehicles possible?

Advanced Tuner

8L90e 6l80e 6l90e reverse lights in swap vehicles possible?

I know some poeple fab up a manual reverse light switch, on a bracket for the 6l90e. But what about the 8l90e? I know there is a company selling a can based module for 220.00 and two relays for park neutral and reverse. That's way over priced for what it is. Besides I want all the range switch signals to light up my cluster for prnd321 then. So why can't we just somehow mount or adapt a 4l60e range switch?

And he can baised module is stupid to include the park neutral signal, when both the 6speed and 8 speed autos include a ground signal when in park or neutral. I'd pay 100 for just a reverse light relay working of can bus without the park signal.

Advanced Tuner
    It's to bad there isn't a way to custom code the tcm into sending a ground signal to a relay for reverse lights

I keep hearing about companies making CAN modules that run cruise, lights, etc... but have yet to see one working. I don't know how handy you are, but you could buy a CAN module for a development board (Arduino, RaspberryPI), and make your own for around $50. This document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kn0/edit#gid=2 has information about requesting that data. If you are interested, I could try on my setup.

You could also use the BCM from the vehicle. The BCM powers the reverse light relay so that they can be used as entry lights as well.

Advanced Tuner
    I am trying to develope a class 2 to can module, but the less I have to do, the easier it will be, perhaps I can figure the reverse lights out also.

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    I am trying to develope a class 2 to can module, but the less I have to do, the easier it will be, perhaps I can figure the reverse lights out also.
    I know the feeling, I have most of the stuff to do it, but haven't had the time to work on it.

Interesting!

Advanced Tuner
    There is something out on the market from some jeep place, but it's $250usd which seems a bit pricey even to me.

Essentially you need something to listed on the canbus for the prndl signal and then send a 12v signal or ground.

If someone comes up with a device and small enough, Id buy a few.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    There is something out on the market from some jeep place, but it's $250usd which seems a bit pricey even to me.

Essentially you need something to listed on the canbus for the prndl signal and then send a 12v signal or ground.

If someone comes up with a device and small enough, Id buy a few.
    Get ahold of Zero Gravity Performance, he has it listed in the switches/relays tab. I bought my harness from him and he was super helpful and good to deal with.