Thread: Need ls cam

Tuner in Training

Need ls cam

Does anyone have a high lift cam, lifters, rods, and springs for an ls?? Also looking for 5.3l .30 over pistons and connecting rods if anyone has them. Engines at machine shop now so I'll be buying asap!

Look up the E1840P cam on Ebay, or Amazon. It gets lots of likes if you are into the radical idle sound. It has .585" lift, 112 LSA, and is 228/230 duration @ .050". They run $245 on E-bay. Most people want $200+ for USED cams, so just pay the extra money and buy new. If you go used, you run the risk of waiting for a cam to be shipped to you only to find it has damaged lobes, or chips, or some other malady. Then you have to fight with the seller to get a refund, or you just lose the $$. Better to buy in person if you are going used. Same for your rods, and pistons-the aftermarket can provide NEW parts for just a little more than what used parts are going to run.

Senior Tuner
    Describing a cam by "high lift" means you need a lot of help with parts selection. Google Brian Tooley Racing and then give them a call.

Tuner in Training
    Actually looking for around a 220/224 112lsa 5.85 lift see s like it'd all fit my project. Should I go dual coil or beehive springs? What about pistons figured 9.5:1 with dish pistons. Also Are piston manufacturers about what and What? I'd like to stay budget as possible.