Thread: New here and need opinions on fixing my cars tune. Any input and opinions welcome

Tuner in Training

New here and need opinions on fixing my cars tune. Any input and opinions welcome

Hi, i need opinions on what i should do to get my cars tune fixed or retuned completely. Let me start from the beginning so you guys know what im dealing with. Car is a 17 1 ss camaro, it has a tony mamo msd intake manifold, katech ported throttle body, roto fab intake,stainless works long tubes with there mid section (xpipe etc) to a stock npp muffler, and a flex fuel sensor. The car was tuned by a local shop who is known but come to find out is also not good and plenty of people had tune related issues after some digging, i had them dyno tune my car, and it had some drivability issues after so i brought it back. They claimed they retuned it but it actually seemed worse, i lost confidence in them and gave up. Seems like they did WOT tuning and thats it. Issues include on some hits i feel the car pull power, when the cars hot and i drive thru a parking lot in first and bring it up to around 2-2300 rpm and let off, it will keep going at around 2k rpm very briefly before actually decelerating, it also stumbles every so often from a stop or when i give it a light rev. So after awhile i found someone local who had hp tuners, they briefly looked at my cars tune and said they found a few issues. I cant remember because it was before winter (cars about to be out of storage now) and one of them being cat over temp was left on and the car does not have cats on it anymore. I don't know how much experience they had on the new LT platform or tuning in general and i did not want to get screwed again so i did not have him re-tune it. So i researched more about tuning on this newer platform and learned it is harder and some tuners don't have it figured out yet. At this point in time it was winter so i stored the car. So i waited and made the decision to purchase hp tuners myself which i recently did. I do have a wide band for my aero force gauge but its not installed yet and im also considering buying another wide band just for tuning because some are easier to hook up. Now my first question is, if i want to try and correct the tune on my car, can i copy it then use my credits so i can edit it?? second question is should i just start fresh and go with a known remote tuner who has done plenty of the new LT based vehicles. I came into this knowing it would not be easy but i feel like this car has alot more left in it to run better and make more power. I need some input on your guys opinions and how you would approach this. I appreciate any advice thanks!!!

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Also let me know if this thread should be moved to gen 5 tuning or else where, thanks