Thread: 3bar Map Sensor

3bar Map Sensor

I have a supercharger on my 2010 GS C6. I went to purchase a ZR1 map sensor so that I can measure boost outside of 120kpa. After installing the 3 bar map sensor I went to change my OS system to 3 bar but it didn't come up as an option on my OS system. How do I add 3 bar as an option or is this just impossible. If so how is boost tuned is it strictly speed density and AFR/o2 sensor monitoring?

There is no OS to change.

The factory OS already support 3 bar.

Change the linear and offset settings for the ZR1 MAP sensor to 312.50 and -11.25. The VVE tables can be switched to support 3 bar by right clicking on the left axis. You would have to create the "boosted" region above 105kpa. Then remove the factory 1 bar MAP channel in the scanner and replace it with the 3 BAR channel to read boost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

how is it labeled in the scanner I've typed in 1 bar MAP, mass air pressure and nothing comes up in the channels of the scanner. I see the Intake manifold absolute pressure and I can set it to bar but there is no 1 bar, 2bar or 3 bar option it's just bar

It's just the regular "manifold absolute pressure" and it should have 3 to pick from.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Just use the regular Manifold Absolute Pressure Channel...the PCM will develop the correct values to the scanner through the linerar/offset settings per above.

As far as changing the VVE table, select the 3 bar or 2 bar (if expecting less than 14.5 pounds of boost) if that is as far as you will be going for a bit more resolution. Then copy the VVE tables 80 Kpa row or column depending on the axis format and paste into the highest Kpa row/col. If 2 bar, multiply by 1.25 and if 3 bar multiply by 1.45. Then interpolate between the 80 and highest kPa row/col to fill in and correct the factory curve which is quite interesting :-).

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I'm really starting to think that my OS system is stuck on 2bar i've made the changes and now my car is throwing the following codes.

0x7E8: P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance (Pending, Current, Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor High (Pending)
    0x7E8: P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P1101 (Pending)

Post your tune and a log please.

The 420 and 430 DTC's can be No Reported in the tune....long tube headers can cause these faults. The 106/108 are map related and we can tell more from the tune and log

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

scan

track 1 torque.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just simply put the original factory MAP sensor in the LS3

If I have a wide band is it possible to tune the car without putting the ZR1 map sensor back in. I reinstalled it today and it knocked out my ability to put the car in magnetic ride or competition mode It show the traction icon.

I am not sure what we are looking at. With the single bar map sensor installed, is that when you got the codes above? Why aren't we seeing the initial issue which was not reproting the 3 bar MAP values? Also the VVE is still single bar as well, was that reduced with installing the ls3 MAP sensor?

With the single bar map sensor running in boost, to get rid of the 106/108 codes you need to turn off several other Diagnostic tests like High Volt test to disable.

Another observation is your Pedal and Throttle didn't go to wot...was that on purpose or are they plateauing where they are in the scan?

Again, not sure what we should be reviewing for..

Ed M

[email protected]

Wow I didn't know that this was a 1 bar map in the LS3. I thought I read that all LS3's come with 2.5 bar map sensor. That's why I didn't understand why it would only read up to 128kpa. I thought that if I changed the parameters of the current map sensor, it would read past 128. But that was not the case. In addition I'm not sure how to change the 1 bar VE map to 3 bar as there isn't an option in the tuner mode. It only displays 2 bar OS. I can get the scan tool to show 3 bar but that doesn't translate back our to the tuner side as the settings is only in 2 bar. Even after coping and pasting it from the scan tool the VE table only comes in 2 bar.

In my first post I kinda said what to do.

Open the VVE tables under the edit tab. Right click the row axis on the left, then the drop down menu will ask you if you want 1 bar, 2 bar or 3 bar.

I don't know if it's because of the upgrade that you get from the new download but when I right click it doesn't say 1, 2, or 3 bar. There is a drop down menu that takes the numbers out past 105kpa. I'm assuming that the first one is 1 bar, second dropdown 2bar and third is 3 bar. So I selected the third option and the car started right up but it is now idling like I just put a cam in it. I'm assuming that I need to retune in the MAF and VVE table correct. If not what is the process I need to take to dial it in