Thread: Higher RPM limit then patched limit at about 8200rpm (2011-'14 Mustang 5.0L)

Tuner in Training

Higher RPM limit then patched limit at about 8200rpm (2011-'14 Mustang 5.0L)

Hey Guys,

Wondering if there will ever be a chance that HP-tuners will look into allowing (or cracking/patching) the limiter to go past what appears to be another RPM cap on the '11 thru '14 Coyote Mustangs? at about 8150rpm once they have the RPM limit patch done. Couple we have are clearly hitting another RPM limit or fuel cut at about 8150rpm, even with every possible RPM limit or cut parameter I can find bumped to 8500rpm

Seems nuts to ask this, but I'm finding that as soon as they have some mild cams (or bigger), head work, and descent boost levels like well over 15-16+psi boost and etc. They are clearly making power for me to about 7800 to 8000rpm, and then starting to nose over just a bit.

On the automatic cars I'm targeting 7900 to 8000rpm WOT shifts or even higher, but some of you guys may have noticed with big power cars and different axle ratios, there can be some errors or variables on when exactly the WOT shift will occur. Sometimes they can be off one way or the other as much as 200-300rpm. From what I've seen and logged over the years; its not good when the coyote's hit the RPM limiter as they pull the cams back to Zero, and pull some ignition timing for about 1.5 seconds or so till it puts it all back in. As crazy as it may seem,,, having the limiter even higher like 8400 to 8500rpm would do the trick, and not bang off the limiter as easily when little WOT shift errors occur or are off just a bit while attempting to shift close to 8000rpm

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I think we are working on something but no eta currently.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"