Thread: 6.0 Powerstroke - Tuning for larger injectors

6.0 Powerstroke - Tuning for larger injectors

Sooo...

I made my own 198cc/75% injectors with plugged lower spill ports this week. I was shooting for 200cc, but my math vs machining reality was off by 2ccs.

Installed them, and they fired right up on the previous tune I wrote for the stock injectors

Lets discuss strategies for tuning larger injectors.

Is there a way to change the base flow rate of the injector in the PCM so that my overhead computer will read accurately?

With the 75% over stock nozzles, how should I adjust injection timing and sequence?

If theres not a way to adjust the stock injector data in the PCM should I just multiply the FICM Pulse width tables by .68 (135/198 =.68)?

It seems like there a lot of different ways to skin this cat as far as calibration strategies go.

I am curious as to what is the most efficient way to get the stock injector to function as close to stock as possible initially, and then turning up the power incrementally.

Im willing to play around with it to get it figured out, however, if any of you have some tips for rapid success to save me from making incremental changes to the calibration and then flashing my PCM 7min a shot. It would be greatly appreciated.

Im going to figure it out eventually anyways, and if you dont want your tuning strategies published publicly please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

- John
    Last edited by Kaploww; 03-02-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Sounds like you're on the right track. I'd start with the idle area of the pw table. With 75% over nozzles and plugged spill ports you will most likely have a pretty erratic idle. If you multiply your injectors vs stock you would multiply the nozzle size not the injector size. In my experience with 75% nozzles I had the best luck multiplying the idle area and light throttle area by 80-85%