Thread: Incorrect values with Haltech Elite data file

Potential Tuner

Incorrect values with Haltech Elite data file

Hi,

I am currently in the learning phase of the Race Render software. I did a data overlay and maybe i might be doing something wrong. My data is not displaying as it should. I am using data from a Haltech Elite 1500 ECU. For example the boost pressure does not display correctly when a add it. Also the speed does not display correct. I hope i am doing something wrong which could be fixed. I have attached a picture at which the moment i was playing the video and some of the data can be seen in the picture which for example the actual values should be:

Speed: 112MPH
    Boost:27psi (Round gauge in right corner)
    Air Temp: 40 degrees centigrade (white number in right corner)

The only things that are correct are the rpm, shiftlight and indicated gear.

I hope i am doing something wrong which could be corrected.

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Anyone have a idea on this??

Advanced Tuner
    i would say its just the way your importing the data or what's being exported to be more precise.

your probably going to need to play with your export data and line up the columns for easy importing. It also looks like the export data is missing some decimal places.

2nd test.csv

Take a look at the file here for an example.

Potential Tuner
    hello

i just bought this software and i have the same issue. how can i calibrate it to show correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiffy View Post
    hello

i just bought this software and i have the same issue. how can i calibrate it to show correctly?
    You may need to try a different way of exporting the data from Haltech. According to this super old thread, the export at least used to export in some generic raw unit as opposed to standard units that we would be familiar with like MPH or KPH. You can see that in elison's csv: lines 42-45 detail a "Vehicle Speed" channel which has units from 0 to 4000 of type "Speed". That's why RaceRender is showing a speed of 1779 in his screenshot. So, that 1779 needs to be turned into something useful for RaceRender to display. RaceRender simply takes the data from the data file as is, unless you specify some basic conversions in the Configuration of the Input Data File. Hopefully there's a different way for Haltech to export that can do that (such as exporting directly to file instead of to the Data Log Viewer). Otherwise, you'd need to determine some sort of formula to convert those values like Haltech is doing in their Data Log Viewer.

Potential Tuner
    It's been a long time since I worked with a Haltech file, but I do everything in CSV files. I think what I did, was go through the CSV and find a common variable/channel and try to edit the CSV to come up correctly in software. Stuff like boost, I converted from KPA to PSI, and other channels I did with figuring out how to make it work. I spoke with the US manager a few years ago at Haltech about the exporting of data logs and he said that they were doing new stuff for the future products. I haven't messed with Haltech logs since then, but I hope the Nexus stuff is better than the older Elite files. I spent a week on figuring out how to make it work.

Potential Tuner
    I've been having the same issue and this was Haltech's response,

"Race Render needs to be set up to convert them to the desired display units.
    I've attached a copy of our CAN broadcast protocol below.
    It includes the conversion factor to convert the raw value into SI units.
    From there you may need to also convert to your preferred units."

So, in my opinion Race Render does not work with Haltech Data Logs.
    Even using the calculate properties feature does not give you enough functionality in order to make it work. I've tried

One would have to spend time applying conversion factors to each column in the CSV file in order to make the data make sense in Race Render. Not impossible, but tedious and time consuming if you have a ton of channels logged.

I've attached Haltech's CAN DASH Protocol, that contains all of the conversion factors.
    Attached Files Attached Files