Thread: on a scale of 1 to blown transmission how is this trans tune for 2007 grand prix

Tuner in Training

on a scale of 1 to blown transmission how is this trans tune for 2007 grand prix

is this tune to aggressive or fine i posted the stock and tuned files

I wouldn't suggest setting all the shift pressure tables the same, there is a reason that GM did not have them all match. I'd put them back to stock and increase each shift by like 5-10% at a time but you can not get too crazy otherwise the weak 4T65e will have problems. Slamming gears is not going to be your friend on those things.

The WOT shift rpm isn't worth it at 6,000rpm. The factory camshaft is out of juice at 5500 on a NA engine. Even a supercharged car has no need to shift above 5,700-5,800 on a stock camshaft.

Shift time itself of .200-.300 is about where I leave them, more so around .250-.275.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    so something more like this ?
    and about the shift time i read if you have a shift kit and i do you should just 0 out the shift time to disable the adaptive learning is that a thing

The force motor current table is the only thing you changed.

I am talking the actual desired shift time and normal/performance pressure tables. You should change those back to more workable numbers. It's going to bang gears with how you have your pressure tables setup.

In all of the 3800's I've tuned or help tuned I have never adjusted the force motor current table. Same with shift kits, I've installed several trans go kits and the like and never disabled the adaptive learning by zeroing out the desired shift time. Put over 20k miles on my last car with a shift kit and it always worked great.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    so more like this didn't change the rpm stuff yet though i thought you were talking about current table because i changed alot of those to be same

Sure give that a go. See what it's like after several miles as it adjusts to the new settings. If you feel it's too harsh or a tad soft in some spots you can play with the shift pressure for each gear change some.

Tuner in Training
    okay thanks five finger death punch i'll see how it goes for a week or 2 and tell you how it goes.