Thread: 2004 LB7 Auto TCM read failure

2004 LB7 Auto TCM read failure

I tried reading out a friends 2004 LB7 and using both 3.6 and 3.7 Beta I get a read or timeout error when trying to read the TCM this happens when trying to do a read entire on the ECM/TCM together or attempting to read the TCM separately, is this a known issue or could he have some kind of mechanical issue causing this?

Senior Tuner
    There is an issue that has never been addressed. The work around is to unplug tcm.

Interesting, so the TCM can't be calibrated on those? The ECM reads fine, however the file is quite small (less than 200kb).

Senior Tuner
    I don't know if its an o/s based thing or what problem is. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I have contacted support about it on a few occasions and they always tell me there is no problem so I gave up.

Thanks again, I was just concerned when the file was only 139kb, but everything seems to have worked fine.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure if it applies to TCMs, but my truck won't do anything unless I disconnect the aftermarket radio module. It screws with the data line when trying to read/write. Just a thought, although mine is an LLY. Also seems like mine has failed on writing the TCM with a combo ECM/TCM before, but it worked on a second try. Not sure if that would help you any.

Tuner
    I have success on the LLY by unplugging the ECM after it reads during the 15 second wait for the next module. Reads the TCM every time when I do that. Even on the bench flash harness

Tuner in Training
    Want to trade issues? On mine i can't read the pcm, but i can read the tcm just fine. I'm about to put the computer in the microwave. The only reason why i got hp is the duramax, but it it doesn't seem to work.