Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS3 - 525hp Crate Tune

Tuner in Training

LS3 - 525hp Crate Tune

I have a customer that installed a LS3-525hp crate (aka LS376-525) (GM PN 19369338) (link http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...ines/ls376-525) into a C5 Corvette. The plan is to use the factory C5 ECU to run it. He has a lingenfelter adapter to allow the use of the 58X wheel. I know that this is a long shot, but does anyone have a base tune for such a beast?

Senior Tuner
    I am into the exact same thing right now, this one is going into a mid 80s C10. My customer opted for the motor/trans and pcm. I would not use that lingenfelter unit unless he is dead set on not swapping the reluctor to a 24x using a C5 computer. I know it's not what your asking but with that kind of an investment made into that motor, it's really not that bad of a job in the right hands. That unit is trouble and sooner or later it'll leave you on the side of the road. I hear ya man if they are dead set on using it as the crank is coming out to fix this. I went through a bloody nightmare 3 years ago with one of those units.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    I am into the exact same thing right now, this one is going into a mid 80s C10. My customer opted for the motor/trans and pcm. I would not use that lingenfelter unit unless he is dead set on not swapping the reluctor to a 24x using a C5 computer. I know it's not what your asking but with that kind of an investment made into that motor, it's really not that bad of a job in the right hands. That unit is trouble and sooner or later it'll leave you on the side of the road. I hear ya man if they are dead set on using it as the crank is coming out to fix this. I went through a bloody nightmare 3 years ago with one of those units.
    Good info, thank you.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i would just run the E38 ecu from like a C6 6.2.
    They can be upgraded to a 2 bar OS if you need to run boost but otherwise are made for the reluctor setup as mentioned. There is a VE tuning tool included within the hptuners software that makes adjusting the ve constants the same as if it were a P01 or P59 gen3 style VE table.
    this E38 also allows the use of ethanol blending if your customers choose to run straight or blended fuels
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I?ve done this Setup before... nothing crazy to do

Say did you get anywhere with this? I have got a client with the LS376/525. Would you mind sharing the Base runnning airflow and injector Data? Thank you!!!

Tuner
    Give me a little bit and I will go read my ls3525 tune file for you guys

Tuner
    I'll post it over in the repository.

Tuner

LS3 525 Crate

Stock tune file for ls3 525 crate engine
    Attached Files Attached Files

DougO's file matches the one I have for the GMPPLS376-525

Oh Wow thank you Big Time! Really Appreciate it! That was Cool Dude!

Advanced Tuner
    I have an E40 tune I did for a TBSS with the same crate motor. Want me to post it for you?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I have an E40 tune I did for a TBSS with the same crate motor. Want me to post it for you?
    Jaydubb71 Wow Man that would be Killer! Yes Please and Thank you Very Much!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker82 View Post
    Jaydubb71 Wow Man that would be Killer! Yes Please and Thank you Very Much!!!!!
    What year is this Corvette? I just noticed you said C5. Thats a different ECU and my file wont work...
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 01-15-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    What year is this Corvette? I just noticed you said C5. Thats a different ECU and my file wont work...
    Its is a 98 Firebird using and E38 PCM. So I am have trouble deciding what to do on things like the ETC Scaler since the Gen 4 uses a different set of instructions. Geeze I hope I can come across someone that have done this. The guy followed everything that Super Chevy did in an article. But I have never tried to convert a Gen 4 Tune to a Gen 3 PCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Its is a 98 Firebird using and E38 PCM. So I am have trouble deciding what to do on things like the ETC Scaler since the Gen 4 uses a different set of instructions. Geeze I hope I can come across someone that have done this. The guy followed everything that Super Chevy did in an article. But I have never tried to convert a Gen 4 Tune to a Gen 3 PCM.
    You have an interesting setup.

C5 ECM is a P59. So when you stated C5, the incompatibility got my attention.

E38 ECM? No Lingenfelter 58x adapter needed. E38 is a 58x ECM. It is a DBW ECM though. Disconnect that adapter! Are you using cable throttle or electric?

Here is a LS376/525 E38 file I found in the repository. There are a few in there. Remember to copy over differences to the tune file in the ECM currently. Dont try to write the entire file. SAVE THE CURRENT TUNE FILE IN THE ECM BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO IT!

Use the repository. Its a great resource.

ls-376-525.hpt

I apologize. It's a P01. Why I thought it was a E38, I dont know.

Advanced Tuner
    I apologize. It's a P01. Why I thought it was a E38, I dont know.
    Theres nothing on the repository for this combo. I do have a SD tune file for P01/58x combo. Not sure if it will help but its attached. I know it should start. Its kinda rough since I never finished this car (the owner took it to another tuner and the tuner proceeded to blow it up). Oh well...

58x and P01.hpt

Dude! That sucks about the engine. You put in the work, I just hate to hear about things like that...I apologize you had to track me down on several posts. Worry gets the best of me sometimes, thinking about handing a PCM to a client and then getting the dreaded phone call. Thank God it hasn't happened, but it's still in my mind always. That's really cool helping me out. Many blessings and awesome Karma to you man! Thank you!

Potential Tuner
    I have a 58 Bel Air. Installed connect cruise package LS 3 376 525 hp. Lost disc came with unit when took to tuners. Where can i get replacement or can i download file to tune? Should tuner use the disc that come with package or should i buy better software? Have 1986 Camero Z28 dash, with Dakota Digital cluster. Have USB cable to plug computer into.